Time to Change Set Rewards

Options
GrizzoMtGPQ
GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
Can the event rewards be changed from OGW to BFZ and from AER to KLD? I think at this point most of us would like to have a chance at the rares from the bigger sets.

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Agreed. I don't even play events with an Aether Revolt rare as the reward as I managed to get every rare from that set before Amonkhet even launched in game.

However, since not everyone needs cards from the same blocks, it would be nice if there was something like a "ticket" that expired maybe two days after the event ends that you can trade in for a random rare from the block of your choice. Then you could use it if you're trying to build a collection of always-legal cards from Origins, or you could use it for cards from previous blocks. In my case, I wasn't playing during the Battle for Zendikar block and it would be nice to be able to use that Aether Revolt rare to instead try to get one from Zendkiar.
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To be honest I see no point to keep rotated sets' boosters as expensive as Standard legal. Less places to play with the cards, why invest in them in the first place at this point? New players will have no incentive to invest in BFZ/SOI boosters in the "hope" of getting one of the mythics of their dreams. The cost/benefit ratio is clearly not in the favor of those boosters. I stopped investing in them once they rotated out.
    I still play SOI events strictly because of the boosters. I already have all the rares... So there's no point in chasing mythics by "paying" crystals for them. Hell to the no, the chance is simply too slim and it seems impossible for me at this point to chase an Olivia/Pig/etc. If it comes it comes.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have 2/3 of the rares in OGW but only 1/3 of the rares in BFZ.  I'd love to see this changed. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @Tilwin90 i pulled olivia from event booster last month, hope you can pull her too
  • GrizzoMtGPQ
    GrizzoMtGPQ Posts: 776 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby what are the chances that set rewards can be rotated?