Comments

• Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Rhasget said:
    Dave808 said:
    Anyone have an eta on the new set?
    Ixalan is released sep 29th in paper but with a new development team coming in the usual 2-3 weeks delay for MTGPQ might be off.
    Thats a highly positive expectation...if we are lucky the set will be delayed for 1 or 2 months, and then if its still not out.... we start worrying for the future of the game :disappointed:
    Barring any delays from the transition to the new team, they've actually gotten really speedy about releasing cards from new sets into the game. Eldritch Moon, for example, launched in paper form end of July but didn't make it into the game until sometime in October that year. Kaladesh shortened its release time down from three months to about two, and the trend continued to the point that Hour of Devestation's cards were put up for preview only a week after the paper set launched.

I would anticipate a quick turn around on getting Ixalan into the game as new cards more than anything else are the money maker for the developers.
    i hope you are right
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While I get that being overly positive about one thing could lead to a greater sense of disappointment if everything fell through on release times. But the amount of negativity spewing out  in regards to the new devs ability to deliver isn't much better. We are all part of this transition; new devs, D3, and us players as a whole. Show me a long list of where these new guys have consistently dropped the ball and I'll show you a list of speculations. In short, while I agree the past Devs have left us disgruntled many a time... I'm not about to judge the successor on the sins of the predecessor. Willing to give these guys a chance to prove themselves rather than tossing them to the wolves prematurely
  • Furordraco
    Options
    @Gunmix25 what I'm trying to say is that who knows who will take over for hibernum, and when. We can't know for sure what will happen, its just good to be mentally prepared. Again, I hope you're right and I'm wrong
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Gunmix25 I'm certainly hopeful that the new devs will be great. But every day without fixes or even communication dims my hope a bit more. 
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Show me a long list of where these new guys have consistently dropped the ball and I'll show you a list of speculations.

The people in charge haven't changed. The developer only does what D3 dictates they do.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Show me a long list of where these new guys have consistently dropped the ball and I'll show you a list of speculations.

The people in charge haven't changed. The developer only does what D3 dictates they do.

Never said that the people in charge have changed, but they are part of the transition regardless and are going to have some growing pains associated to that transition phase. I was referring to the new devs taking over the reins from Hibernium as they've a long ways to go to understand what was left behind and what they can do with that information to provide the finished product that "D3 dictates they do."   D3 is about Production which takes place after Development which is responsible for creating whatever is up on the development board in putting it into action. D3 just has to maintain it once it's been integrated. 

Here is a great statement explaining the difference:

"The main workflow for online work is: development -> staging -> production. The reason for the separation is based on the knowledge that you're working on a code-base with a team.

Developers work on bugs and features, these get committed and pushed to a stable development branch. All of these changes get merged into staging which undergoes testing and quality assurance. After this, development is rebased using staging. Then development merges into production when you're ready to deploy.

The development branch contains new code from your dev team that have not been tested yet on a mock server that imitates your production server. Your production server is actually production and usually runs with different error logging and warning message suppression. Development is allowed to fail, production is often not."

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dinosaur based planeswalkers which are useless when dinosaurs drop out of Standard.
  • Furordraco
    Options
    shteev said:
    Dinosaur based planeswalkers which are useless when dinosaurs drop out of Standard.
    at least they roar
  • Waschecht
    Waschecht Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    shteev said:
    at least they roar
    -6: Roar* once/twice/thrice/four times at your opponent 
    -12: Search your library for a dinosaur, reveal it to your opponent, then roar a number of times equal to its power. Put it into your graveyard afterwards.
    -18: Sing-along "Dinosaur" with your opponent. (D-I-N-O-S-A-U-R a dinosaur B) )

(to roar, shake the board - doesn't affect gameplay but it looks cool)
    Best Ultimate ever
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    shteev said:
    at least they roar
    -12: Search your library for a dinosaur, reveal it to your opponent, then roar a number of times equal to its power. Put it into your graveyard afterwards.

Sounds a bit unglued
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tilwin90 said:
    shteev said:
    at least they roar

Must be Purple with a silly grin. 
  • AresOmega
    AresOmega Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Sounds a little more like Blonde, White trashy and Talentless to me.
  • Waschecht
    Waschecht Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    AresOmega said:
    Don't mock the Dino-Roar
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Waschecht said:
    AresOmega said:
    Don't mock the Dino-Roar
    Open the door get on the floor, everybody walk the dinosaur.
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Dave808 said:
    Ixalan is released sep 29th in paper but with a new development team coming in the usual 2-3 weeks delay for MTGPQ might be off.
    Has it even been officially confirmed we are getting Ixalan? We still don't even know who the new team is, and @Brigby seemed vague on the issue of Ixalan right after the closure was announced.
  • Gunmix25
    Options
    naphomci said:
    Rhasget said:
    Dave808 said:
    Has it even been officially confirmed we are getting Ixalan? We still don't even know who the new team is, and @Brigby seemed vague on the issue of Ixalan right after the closure was announced.

Because he has repeatedly said that he does not have that information to convey to the public and would once he had something concrete. He did say that Ixalan was not off the table but knew nothing more than that.
  • TheDragonHermit
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    naphomci said:
    Rhasget said:
    Dave808 said:

Because he has repeatedly said that he does not have that information to convey to the public and would once he had something concrete. He did say that Ixalan was not off the table but knew nothing more than that.
    I wouldn't be opposed to the release being postponed, there are enough stability issues and, of course, the pending crafting system to forgive a delay. I guess it depends on the new studio's priorities.
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    naphomci said:
    Rhasget said:
    Dave808 said:

I wouldn't be opposed to the release being postponed, there are enough stability issues and, of course, the pending crafting system to forgive a delay. I guess it depends on the new studio's priorities.
    Oh, at this point I would imagine the new crafting system is months off. I would not be surprised, assuming new sets come, that crafting isn't for another 2-3 sets.
  • Formulator
    Formulator Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Every time I read about the crafting system I think about the original puzzle quest item forging game. It was way fun.

Imagine being able to cash in a mythic at a chance at a crafting mini game that would improve the card. Like, if you pull a dupe Tyrant of Valakut, you get an attempt at the crafting game (like a cooldown, once every hour or something) that would up it's abilities damage by +1 permanently. Once you successfully complete it, the dupe is gone. The upgrade would only be present when you pilot your deck, not the AI. Then we'd have all these fun mini games for the mountain of dupes we've collected. That, and my heap of Soul Swallowers would become viable.