The Art of Marvel Puzzle Quest

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I don't know who makes the in-game artwork of some of these characters, or if it's a team of individuals at Demiurge, but some of it is incredible. I was most recently reminded of this with Mockingbird. Her cover was a great choice, but the in-game model is spot-on in her cloaked costume.

Some of my other favorites:
4* Luke Cage
Cloak & Dagger
Gwenpool
She-Thor
Agent Venom
Carnage
Hulkbuster
Ant-Man (alternate shrinking model)

And last, but certainly not least, 5-star black suit Spider-Man - my favorite piece of artwork in the game. My two favorite artists to draw the black suit are Mike Zeck and John Romita Sr. but I think the art in MPQ trumps them both.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know how they have the big pictures on the Marvel.com articles that basically show all of a single character's poses? I'd totally be down for some of those as like, desktop wallpapers or something.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I agree lots of characters look great. Others (coughkatebishopcough) not so much.

Iceman is just really tinykitty creepy.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like a lot of the backgrounds for the PvP events - wish I had some for computer wallpapers
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some of the characters look very human, while others look more cartoony. It's mostly in the faces where this comes across. Doesn't bother me really, but every now and then it is something I notice. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Borstock said:
    Some of the characters look very human, while others look more cartoony. It's mostly in the faces where this comes across. Doesn't bother me really, but every now and then it is something I notice. 
    Yep, I've noticed this - 4Blade, even though a great character, has some rather stylistically jarring art (not to mention the odd Tools of the Trade animation). 

I think my current favorite is Wasp - I love her confused expression , and she's just a lot of fun to use. The fact that she was my first 4-star champ doesn't hurt. 

I also love the fact that Yondu's arrow assault (or whatever it's called) appears in a random orientation every time it activates - like it's zipping around the battlefield seeking out foes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Faces are hard to do and I'm not a big fan of the 4* Blade either. The females seem better - almost Silvestri-like, and I always enjoyed his simple approach to female faces.
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the older character art which looks more "realistic" than the newer and simpler comic like which has a bit of cheap taste for me.