5* dilution solution.

zonatahunt
zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
My 5* Widow is a source of much sorrow.  I look at her daily and realize there's no 'effing way I'm EVER going to sink 1500 cp into her for those last two covers.  Besides setting her as a bonus hero (I've received 2 5* bonus heroes since it started....and I pull about 4 LT a day) or buying a CL for 20 cp, she'll never be covered.

Solution:  Run a third storefront where you can purchase a LT for 25 cp, and have it be a single 5*.  It'd be just like most 5* introductions where they get their own store.  Dedicate a week to each character and then rotate on.  Start with Surfer and proceed upon release order.  Sure, resources will be hoarded a little, but at the same time if you hoard too much you won't keep up with covering each 5* during their run as a Latest.  Why is this not an 'effing option?

Btw, I'm sure this has been suggested many times before, so my apologies in advance.

Comments

• IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    How do you pull 4 LTs a day?!
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Btw I like the idea
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    How do you pull 4 LTs a day?!

High level play, champ rewards, etc.

I've pulled 4.5 per day since Spidey went in, 158 pulls in 35 days.
    All latest.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    This is a good idea, and has been mentioned before.  That being said, I wouldn't suspect it be implemented.  I'd keep her as BH until you have 5 of a color then spend the CP.  720CP should come relatively quickly compared to how long she's sat idle at 11 covers.  Even the slightest advancement of your roster getting taller, not wider at this point will help mentally.

I also have OML and SS at 10 and 11 covers.  if I don't get them as bonus when I open my hoard, this is what i plan on doing to have 3-5 champed 5s.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    My variation would be a variant store - 25 CP for the latest 3 plus two of your choosing, so 3% chance to hit the ones of your choosing, while still driving business towards the latest legends.  

For people that are close on classics, this would be an amazing option and far easier to hit than a 5* BH or 3.
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    I got Black Widow fully covered just this week after being at 5/5/2 for months - it is just a matter of patience.   The 25% five star rate store helped, which could be a possible solution (more chances at the apple).

Given the rarity of five stars, I doubt they would see the price too low like 25CP.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or they could just raise the rates on getting 5 stars from classics. 

Phoenix was my first maxed covered 5, and with a 5/2/5 build just finished her off a couple of weeks ago all through classic pulls.

Nevertheless, I have so many undercovered 5s in classics, I know that it will take a year or more to finish my highest covered 5s both banner and Cap at 10 covers.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why not just have it so that if you have a cover that is the wrong color, pay HP to reassign it to a new color?  3*s are 50HP, 4*s are 200 HP and 5*s are 500 hp.  Never worry about contacting CS ever again and never draw a color that is useless.  It will still potentially drive sales cause now HP needs to be bought/earned.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    they could just break down characters in groups , when you use a token they could put up do you want group A B or C . But they have absolutely no incentive of doing something this way
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    or they can do like that, in order to change a cover color you sacrifice same type char cover.
    for example you want 5* Thonas black cover, you have 2 purple cover (or one purple and one green) (that can not use), sacrifice one purple cover in order to change the other one to black color.
    and that can be applied to all * not only 5* covers.