Lockjaw on Facebook but not here?

rdvargas1
rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
Have I missed the info on the forums or has it not been posted? 

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I haven't seen anything either.
    Though it does puzzle me that Lockjaw just looks like a dog. Like...the art they showed off doesn't have a moustache at all.

Facebook post:
    https://www.facebook.com/MarvelPuzzleQuest/photos/a.570884696292054.1073741830.507169359330255/1416815791698936/?type=3

• Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    They also sent out the news his email if you are subscribed to the newsletter, but yeah looks like no word here yet.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    They don't tend to make announcements here over the weekend, and it seems to have been something to do with national dog Day in the US.

I expect Brigby will post something when he's actually at work. Patience, people.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    They said he isn't releasing until the 7th, so there's a decent chunk of time before he's going live. Don't expect anything for a few more days, most likely.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I am really, REALLY excited for this!
    even though with the art departments fond use of badly drawn facial hair I thought they would relish the chance for some good 'stachio

I am trying to find a good source of info on MPQ; thus the forums, but everybody seems to be getting they intel from FB and Discord, and then coming over here and spoiling who the clues are for in the Sneak Peak thread, or is it just good ol fashioned can't keep a secret/ employees blabbing? d3 is leakin' like the end of a bad worldstar fight.
    -Whats this newsletter you mention? 
    -how do I find out about/ get in on these discord chats where Mr. Austin and company are always on? can we not have cross platform linking? Whats the forum gotta do to get some respect?
    -Yoikes!! and GeeWhiz!! I thought people on the forums could be awful whiners, those FB comments are another breed of trollish. and stupid. but mean stupid. like the hulklings in Old Man Logan. A wretched hive and scum and villainy, indeed. made me grateful for out mods. 

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of character reveals are found out through data mining. In fact I'd wager that's entirely where the info comes from. Most of the time people know well before any official announcement.

But since it's considered a spoiler that'd very moddable, people don't blab any more. They'll maybe leave clues for you to figure out yourself, but otherwise  they can't outright say.
  • Chrono_Tata
    purplemur said:
    I am really, REALLY excited for this!
    even though with the art departments fond use of badly drawn facial hair I thought they would relish the chance for some good 'stachio

I am trying to find a good source of info on MPQ; thus the forums, but everybody seems to be getting they intel from FB and Discord, and then coming over here and spoiling who the clues are for in the Sneak Peak thread, or is it just good ol fashioned can't keep a secret/ employees blabbing? d3 is leakin' like the end of a bad worldstar fight.
    -Whats this newsletter you mention? 

It's the email newsletter you can get by signing up here https://d3go.com/games/marvelpuzzlequest/ Nothing very exciting generally though since I think most of the announcements are reflected on their Facebook already if you follow them there.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Though it does puzzle me that Lockjaw just looks like a dog. Like...the art they showed off doesn't have a moustache at all.

I think it's based on the Inhumans show version, which doesn't have a mustache (alas).
  • Chrono_Tata
    DaveR4470 said:

I think it's based on the Inhumans show version, which doesn't have a mustache (alas).
    Actually the game art shows him with an antenna, while the TV series version has a light patch on his head, so he seems to be based on the comic version.

Anyway I don't think he's actually meant to have a moustache on the comic? It's more like just a darker part of skin/fur. Some artists don't even draw it so it's more like a stylistic decision.