Stuck on Check Your Internet Connection when opening the game

Orphius
Orphius Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Playing MPQ on Win7/Steam and when booting up the game (loading screen) it says "Loading..." then "Check Internet Connection". I've had this game running for a few years without issue and this cropped up yesterday while I was playing. I've been trying everything to fix it but not sure what else to try. Below are the items I've tried.

Uninstalled the game, removed all files in AppData and Steam in relation to the game and reinstalled. Same issue persists (with multiple computer and steam reboots). I check Windows Firewall and everything is open (and I wasn't messing with it when this started so it should be unrelated). I also flushed my dns through the command prompt as some people said that helped them with the problem. 

In terms of when the error happened, I had the game minimized on my desktop which I always do when I'm not playing. I opened it back up and saw the check internet connection error and haven't been able to get past it. 

Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Comments

• Orphius
    Orphius Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Fixed the issue, had to run ipconfig /flushdns then ipconfig /renew. Works now and hopefully this helps someone with a similar problem.