4* DDQ: Luke Cage vs G4mora

BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
Irritating matchup, this. Managed to beat it first time with lv274 5/3/5 Cage, but it was very annoying

First, Luke's Yellow only works if you have your friendly protect tiles from The Defender. Which only proc when Gamora uses her red or black, because her blue will stun you. So you'll want her to use her red or black. Then you need to make sure there are as many purple tiles on the board as possible, so her instakill is less likely to proc. And since Gamora can (and will) match away your black protect tiles, you'll want to get enough AP for one or two Buncha Fiddle Faddles (depending on your level and number of covers).

Go after red, blue, black, yellow, recommended in that order. And as mentioned, do your best not to make any purple matches, unless you want to match her special tiles away

LT got me Riri blue, whom I can't be bothered to champ despite her being a boss after her buff. We'll see how much iso i have in two weeks.

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Took her with 2 yellow and one red, got stunned twice. 553 build lvl 171, wasn't even full health. LT got me my first blue 5pidey which felt nice! BTW Riri rocks, believe me !
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Knew this would be easy for my lv 284 5/3/5 C4ge.  Let Gamora do whatever she wanted while I went after yellow and red.  Any special moves by her set up a protect shield for me.  Eventually she was doing 1 damage per turn while I was trying to set up my buncha fiddle faddle.  Once I was able to set up my second Hero for Hire along with Buncha fiddle faddle, I was able to put her down.  

LT gave me Yellow C&D, bringing them to 5/5/3
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty easy for my 5/3/5 Level 274 C4ge. First try, no boosts. I normally run him 5/5/3, but I figured with G4mora's cheap stun I probably wouldn't be placing many protect tiles or destroying her special ones anyway, so I figured in this instance it would be better to max out Buncha Fiddle Faddle.

It helps that G4mora only stuns for one turn. I lucked into a yellow match 5, so when she eventually fired The Deadliest Woman... I got a protect so I could fire Hero For Hire and Buncha Fiddle Faddle right after each other to take her down. Finished with about 12,380 health left. Token to the hoard. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a long slow match for me because I wasn't able to do much with Luke's yellow. I eventually got off a few yellow and reds over the course of the match.

LT gave me a Coulson champ level.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Holy cow, I actually won with my 1/3/2 Luke! It took 3 tries, full boosts and the fight began with a lucky match-5. 

LT gave me Mr. Fantastic, who I can't roster right now and probably can't even in these two weeks. A bummer.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Managed to beat here with my 147 2/3/2 Cage. 20% Match damage and +2 yellow. Denied red hard and blue if I could. Yellow was top priority. 

Fired one red with lesser damage and then killed her with yellow. Didn't deny black as I needed her to trigger protect tiles. 

Token to the hoard!
  • Dataspectre
    Dataspectre Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Lost the first time, got myself instant kill'd when her purples were filled with attack/strike tiles, went to check my build 5/3/5 (having 3 on black doesn't remove anything, just lowers it to 1.). Respec it to 5/5/3, won the second time.

She used The Deadliest Woman, so Cage can pop up a defense tile, used 3 Yellow powers, got stunned once and finally used a Red power to finish her.

Pull a LT and got Gwenpool for my champ'd L273.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I decided to re-spec to 3/5/5 because I wasn't likely to be getting much use from yellow. One-shot her with a full strength red and had about 14k health left.

LT got me a 5* Peter Parker green. My second of the day.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 lvl 277

Had an odd board if mostly green and purple which weren't much use to anyone. Eventually she hit me with a red and black attack and I had enough for one yellow and one red. That was enough for the win.

Token to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    5/1/3 192

got it on second try after not firing a power first time. LT was my 14th gwenpool cover so I champed her but unfortunately got my 7th R&G yellow from that LT
  • BillyPilgrim
    BillyPilgrim Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    3/2/4 113 level without boosts.
    Very board dependent match-up.
    You want red at start and decline blue. Then just finish the deal with yellow if you successfully proc your passive
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    5/5/3 Luke, level 125. Got her second try. Used +2 r/y +2 all and plus 100% match damage. Kept making black shields for me when she made her purple special tiles. I'd use my yellow immediately and match away as many of her specials as I could. Token got me a black Carnage, second champion level for him. Took awhile for sure.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    my Luke Cage is 5/1/1 lvl 156. I did use boosts and I lost the first few times until I got a lucky board where I could hit her with his red when she was unguarded and then hit her with two yellows. I like this matchup, it's not a complete squash like most opponents would be for Luke 1v1 but it's also not an unfair matchup

LT was another champ level for Carol
  • thechairman
    thechairman Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    5/1/3, no boosts. It was a yellow heavy and black light board. Took a very long time matching away, ate a couple of stuns until I finally got a protect tile on the board at which point I unloaded all my yellows for the win.

I don't even want to calculate the odds of this, but I got a Thing Yellow for the 2nd crash in a row. Now 1/5/3 and off the bonus list. I hope he can pass his crash with that.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Luke, interesting fight. Took a while, for reasons mentioned above, but I was in no real danger and finished it handily. Token pull was my 5th Riri champion level.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/1/5 Lvl233. Based on the board, spent a while just gathering yellow and denying blue as best I could. Once she fired a couple of powers that weren't Incapacitate, I unloaded 3 Hero for Hires in one Turn, which sealed the deal.

Token was a Cyclops blue. Little bit frustrating since it takes him to 0/0/3.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't even want to calculate the odds of this, but I got a Thing Yellow for the 2nd crash in a row. Now 1/5/3 and off the bonus list. I hope he can pass his crash with that.
    Since you have 3 green covers, you may be fine, but it's going to be a tough fight. It's against 3* Johnny and Thing solo means his yellow power is useless. So it's a fight of two active, fairly expensive powers versus three fairly cheap powers. The only thing that evens things out a bit is you deny Johnny red and green as you go for those colors yourself. 

I can't remember whay my build was the last time I played it, but it was something like 2/4/2 or 3/4/2. I might have even had only one cover in green. At any rate, my highest covered power was yellow, and it just felt like a severe handicap. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    The red basically took care of it. The yellow was a little bonus damage.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    AlluAllu said:
    Holy cow, I actually won with my 1/3/2 Luke! It took 3 tries, full boosts and the fight began with a lucky match-5. 

LT gave me Mr. Fantastic, who I can't roster right now and probably can't even in these two weeks. A bummer.
    My Cage is practically the same but I've clearly aggravated the RNG gods because they won't let me win this Crash. I went in boosted multiple times to no avail, and at one point even had a great start with a Match 5 in RED that resulted in a ridiculous cascade and I was able to get off a Buncha Fiddle Faddle on my second turn. Then the RNG gods said, "Nah! Just kidding!", gave Gamora a bunch of Blue, and she practically stunlocked me to death.

Glad to hear you were successful :smiley:
  • bk201
    bk201 Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Lost 3 times but won the 4th attempt with my LC @ 111 (2/1/2). Used +2 r/y, +2 all plus 100% match damage.

Nice board this time, filled with yellow and red. Denied blue but she fired it twice, gathered enough to fire 3x yellow and 2x red. Let her fire black to finish the job with yellow.

LT to the hoard.