Who to champ after a mini horde pull

Options
dramatist
dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
I pulled about 50 classics yesterday when I saw the new odds (that turned out to be temporary). I now have 2 Iron Fist covers, 4 Gamora covers and 3 Rocket & Groot covers in my queue. I know I can Champ one and possibly 2 of these characters before the covers expire. 

I have 31 4* champs and I eventually want them all. 

My my thinking is to champ R&G first. He was my favorite and I think he'd help the most. Then I was thinking Gamora which leaves poor Iron Fist (still level 70) for another time. 

I'm curious what others would do in my situation. 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would think R&G first as well, especially if you have any of the following 4*s champed to pair them with:
    Captain Marvel
    Medusa
    Wasp
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep R&G first, although the synergy with Carol has reduced somewhat due to the new repeatable tile but still is fairly good with all of the initial strike tiles they produce.
  • dramatist
    Options
    So Rocket & Groot are now champed and I'm wavering on who's next because Iron Fist is featured in the next PvE. I have 7 Gamora covers and I have 4 Iron Fist with another on the way. Raising Iron Fist first will make the PvE more fun, but I'll have to sell a few Gamora covers. There's no way I can champ both in 9 days. 
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's a tough one. In a vacuum, there is no option; Fist is OK, Gamora is awesome, and you'll love running Gamora and Rocket together. However, you have Starlord champed, and some combination like Starlord/Rocket/Medusa is pretty awesome too. 

Fist is OK, and like many 4* is very good boosted (gotta love 2 nukes). However, he is even more efficient with Cage, and I've not tried Fist/3* Cage so I can't say much there. 

I think given your pull towards making the next PVE more fun (and faster clears), then go with Fist, but in the long run you'll run Gamora more.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Fist is OK, and like many 4* is very good boosted (gotta love 2 nukes). However, he is even more efficient with Cage, and I've not tried Fist/3* Cage so I can't say much there.
    Within a given tier, Fist and Cage work very well together, but their 4* versions don't really have nearly as much synergy with the 3*. In this particular case, Cag3's red isn't nearly as good at setting up Hobofist's black as C4ge's black is, plus Cag3 also has a black active, so he's competing for that AP.
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Between Hobofist and Gamora it really depends on how much you want to roll dice. Gamora can be a lot stronger than Danny, but Danny is more consistent. In other words, Danny is a car, Gamora is a roller coaster.

Danny works like a strike-tile loving 3* Thor. Each of his powers cascades into the next, until you hit Like Unto Iron, which is a truckload of damage. Alone he's fine but not fantastic. His blue slowly builds up tiles, then protects them and generates green. His green deals solid damage, then either gives you black or deals more damage depending on how many enemies are still standing. And his black just does a ton of damage. If you pair him with other strike tile makers he'll protect your investments and generate green pretty quickly, and pair him with defense tile makes and he'll act like a super Wasp.Pair him with C4ge and he'll punch through defense tiles (great for mirror matches), make your defense go super aggro, and add more fortified tiles for C4ge's yellow.

Gamora is a wild beast. Her red is okay, does decent damage and keeps smacking the target even if they go hide behind a Thing, Deadpool, or Colossus. Her black drops down a tone of neat tiles, but it's a grab bag. And her blue is a decent single target stun with an added random bonus stun. Her black's passive is the random chance auto-kill, which is great when you can pull it off, but it's pure chance unless you bring an 'Ends the Turn' character and you stun-lock the opposing team. Still, there's a slim chance that if you pair her with R&G she'll Deadliest Woman within the first turn or two. It's a lottery ticket, but some people like to chase that dream.

I like Gamora, but I find myself using Danny more. Though if you're looking at boosted then I'd go Gamora. Danny's weekly boost was last week, so you'll have the ISO to champ him before he's boosted again, while Gamora is this week, so you'll have her for PvP as well.
  • dramatist
    Options
    I decided to champ Danny. It's turning out OK because I also got the Danny from the vault with a lucky pull and I'll have 6 covers when I champ in a day or two. One of the reasons I chose Danny is because for the last 4 weeks or so all my Iso has been going to champ Mordo, R&G and Danny, if I chose Gamora then I would have had about 12 days for the one (now 2) Danny covers where I felt I had to champ him too. After this now I can use so Iso to rebuild my 2* farm that now has 5 needing Iso and maybe spend some more on Drax who's has 13 covers for a long time.  Thanks for the replys and Gamora's time will be soon.