Daily Variety and Reintroducing Reinforcements

DesertTortoise
DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Prodigal Sun is about as good as a 7-day event as we have, but I don't think anyone is going to argue that it does drag towards the end. A problem Prodigal Sun displays is it's not the variety of enemies you fight, which PS has a great array of enemies, but the team you're using gets so stale after seven non-stop days of being used. This isn't a problem unique to 7 day events, mind you, even two events at three and four days in a week gets stale but at least you'll have two different sets of essentials to spice things up. 

I adore the weekly boosts, it adds a massive amount of variety and rewards the depth of rosters better than any other element in the game and I think with the removal of Heroic roster limitations there's an opportunity to further reward depth and provide variety. If every subnode in PvE had a few more random characters boosted, akin to heroic reinforcements, it could add some excitement to the daily experience. PvP events could have a few more additional boosted characters (or thematically boosted characters) to help with its variety as well. Having the 7 day boost list as the reliable boosted characters while the subnode specific boosted characters as a wild card would also help mix up the current boost list that's sort of on rails as far as who is boosted with who. 

In conclusion, playing with the ideal characters for 7 days of PvE and 3 PvP events for a given boost list gets a bit stale. Adding more randomness and variety to boosts with subnode boosts and PvP event boosts would add excitement and reward depth. 

This is borderline in the 'suggestions' category but I was hoping this would spawn into a discussion more centered around a core problem with the daily grind.