Feedback on System Reboot

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
I really like it. It's so enjoyable to have an arena that I can play at my own pace whenever I want to. I don't have to worry about slice times, shields, or doing things at breakneck speed. It's very fresh to have a place where I can experiment with new things and not have to worry about losses costing me points or placement. The teams I'm fighting are interesting and challenging, the ISO rewards are worthwhile, and the idea to feature a couple of nodes with the newly re-worked characters but not require them after that is brilliant.

Thank you and please consider making this a more regular thing.

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I agree completely! 
    There is a "however" coming up though...
    HOWEVER!
    The lack of story/dialogue has gotten me thinking! How hard is it for the devs to just throw something like this into the mix every once in a while? 
    Just a small map with a bunch of nodes fighting random opponents!

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked it as well, but would love to see some changes.

1. Make it longer, I would love to see this be the PvE version of PvP simulator where it runs the entire season.  Lengthen both duration and number of nodes.
    2. The XP and 4* covers were great, ISO was a low.  Would like to see more/improved rewards, more ISO, throw some HP and CP in there too.
    3. Why does this not have an SCL setting?  I don't understand why anything new is coming out without SCL built in from the start.  13K ISO is a lot for a low roster, but nothing for a high roster.  Use SCLs to tweak that.
    Not necessarily related to this, but related the make this the PvE version of PvP simulator, can we get PvE seasons?  It's kinda tinykitty that T100 PvP alliances get more and better rewards than T100 PvE alliances because of the season rewards.  Would love to see a PvE season with a Heroic 10 pack in progression and some similar placement rewards.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:

13K ISO is a lot for a low roster, but nothing for a high roster. 
    I'm not going to complain about 13K ISO, especially when combined with the other rewards. It's not like this was running in place of another event. We got this in addition to what we'd normally be doing, so my ISO intake for the last 2 days has been above average.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Far more enjoyable and proportionately more rewarding than Gauntlet. If this is the way forward for character updates, then yes, so 4-star, very cover, much wow.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed that I really enjoyed this (though I haven't finished the last 2 1000 ISO nodes yet). I nabbed my 13th Kingpin cover and my 5th GR Black, so those two characters will be much more useful to me from now on.

This 'mini Gauntlet' style event should definitely become a regular thing. Once per season or even once every couple of weeks would be fantastic. If more than 1x/month, it could be tuned down to award a single 4* cover at the end instead of two, I suppose. Still it's a great way to boost circulation of older 4* characters and any events that are non-competitive are sorely welcome.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    it was dope. all for more of these going forward.
  • pandrek
    pandrek Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    It was a really, really nice event!!
    Congrats!!!
    The rewards were awesome!!
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    They don't even have to change any rewards, just run it every time a re-balance happens. Or more often if they like. I don't enjoy fighting tile movers, takes out the puzzle element for me. But I'd play this over DP VS MPQ any day of the week.