R134 Release Notes *Updated (8/29/17)
Here are the Release Notes for the R134 update!
His teleport is worse than his bite! Lockjaw is coming soon to Marvel Puzzle Quest.
- A brand new Special tile called the Repeater tile has been introduced into the game. They behave similarly to Countdown tiles, in that they countdown each turn, but differ in that they return to the base number instead of being destroyed. Powers that specifically target Countdown tiles will not target Repeater tiles (unless specifically stated). The following powers now create Repeater tiles instead of Countdown tiles:
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm) - Flame Jet
- Human Torch (Classic) - Flame Jet
- Black Panther (T’Challa) - Defense Grid
- The Punisher (Dark Reign) - Molotov Cocktail
- Blade (Daywalker) - Nightstalker
- Ghost Rider (Johnny Blaze) - Hellfire
- Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Volume 2) - Rocket’s Pack
Previously, these powers had used Countdown tiles with short countdowns that replaced themselves when they went off. This was awkward to explain, hard for new players to understand, led to some subtle bugs, and limited our ability to create certain kinds of powers that interact with Countdown tiles.
Abilities that Target/Affected by Repeater Tiles (Implicitly or Explicitly):
- Yelena (Dark Avengers) - Payback Mission
- Moonstone (Dark Avengers) - Gravity Warp
- Beast (Classic) - Animal Inside
- Beast (Classic) - Medical Marvel
- Magneto (Classic) - Coercive Field
- Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted) - Blammo! We Got Ya!
- Sam Wilson (Falcon) - Redwing
- Star-Lord (Peter Quill) - Bit of Both
- Carnage (Cletus Kasady) - Alien Instincts
- Carnage (Cletus Kasady) - Carnage Rules
- Drax (The Destroyer) - The Destroyer
- Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) - The Deadliest Woman...
- Howard the Duck (Howard, A Duck) - Bill of Rights
- Invisible Woman (Classic) - Force Bubbles
- Jean Grey (All-New X-Men) - (Mind Over Matter)
- Luke Cage (Power Man) - (Hero for Hire)
- Riri Williams (Ironheart) - Magnetic Repulsors
- Riri Williams (Ironheart) - Selfless Intervention
- Spider Woman (Jessica Drew) - To Love and Fear
- Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw) - Sleight of Hand
- Thor (Goddess of Thunder) - Striking Distance
- Venom (Eddie Brock) - Symbiotic Fury
- Vulture (Adrian Toomes) - Hybrid Tech Slicer
- Black Widow (Natasha Romanoff) - Tell Me Everything
- Jean Grey (Phoenix) - Psychic Flames
- Wolverine (Old Man Logan) - Still Sharp
- Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) - Bit of Both
- Thanos (The Mad Titan) - Infinite Power
Abilities That Don't Target/Affect Repeater Tiles *New Update*
- Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) - Goblin King
- Hawkeye (Clint Barton) - Can't Seem to Miss
- Agent Coulson (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) – Best Laid Plans
- Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) – Executive Decision
- Sam Wilson (Captain America) – Aerial Avenger
- The Hood (Classic) – Intimidation
- Black Widow (Original) – Anti-Gravity Device
- Spider-Man (Bag-Man) – Snarky Remark
- Character powers that can change into a different powers will now work correctly in Wave missions.
- The character with the highest health will now stay in front in situations where multiple characters have an active power that moves them to the front.
- Powers that stun a random character will now increase their stunned turn duration if the character was already stunned. This fixes a bug where if a new stun had a longer duration than the current stun effect, it wouldn't set the current stun duration to the stun duration of the power just cast. *New Update*
- When a player has two of the same character at the same level, the character that was selected last time will be selected by default the time the player enters the Character Select screen.
- STEAM Only: Selecting the empty space above the back arrow in the Recruit Heroes screen will no longer take you to the Resources screen.
Update 2: Added even more information regarding the new Repeater tiles and the stun duration bug-fix
Update 3: Changed to Final Release Notes