Bad Time to Need ISO

LavaManLee
LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
Wow.  This is an awful time to need ISO.  No real PVE.  Only one PVP.  No Simulator.  No Lightning Rounds.  No way to clear Galactus quicker (did all nodes and now have to wait 7 hours for something to open up).

Have a C&D on the vine that I need ISO to champ and this is the worst possible thing.  Yes, first world problem but can't stand this "between seasons" time as I need ISO fast and have no real way to get it without spending $$$ (which is probably part of their point).

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is MPQ-Vacation.  Enjoy the time off.  Relax and see some friends.  Go outside and bask in the warm glow of the sun!
  • LavaManLee
    pheregas said:
    This is MPQ-Vacation.  Enjoy the time off.  Relax and see some friends.  Go outside and bask in the warm glow of the sun!
    Not with my C&D on the vine!  I need the ISO.  Amazing the one time I need it, it is hard to get.  Sigh.....
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    System Reboot starts up today so that'll be something to do. Hopefully it'll have some decent iso.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I'm in the same sitch. Got a Gamora I need to champ with 260k ISO to go. I have a couple of 2*s nearing level 144, so that'll help...

But as said above, a boss is a good time to do other stuff for a while. Plus you get a lot of experience from those multiple one-shot nodes.
  • pheregas
    We'll see if it's actually something to be farmed.  Could be a one and done kind of deal like some of the other one-off PVEs.  Probably will run for a week but take an hour.

Remember the Ant-man one?  That thing ran for a month, but most people finished it the first day (and man was that thing tough).

If only details would be posted and we'd know for sure...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Doesn't the new season start today?
  • pheregas
    No.  Tomorrow presumably. S4 (at the time of this writing) has 34 hours to go.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    **peeks outside**

Wow, it's bright out here.
  • pheregas
    Dormammu said:
    **peeks outside**

Wow, it's bright out here.
    Good thing this didn't happen on Monday.  You'd peek outside and see a world of darkness!
  • LavaManLee
    On the plus side, I got a 5* DD with my first Hornhead token.  Not bad at all.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    No.  Tomorrow presumably. S4 (at the time of this writing) has 34 hours to go.
    I could be wrong, but new seasons typically start on Thursdays, albeit usually not until later in the day/evening EDT.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a tiny bit of extra ISO, I guess do some more PVP matches? Let the defensive losses roll in and try again? Good luck!
  • LavaManLee
    They really should pause cover expiration time if there is no real way to gather ISO.  Very frustrating.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I put myself behind the 8 ball with opening a hoard when I didn't have a lot of ISO. I've now got two weeks to get another 900K ISO to champ 3 4*s or end up selling some covers. Probably gonna take out a few loans from the 2* farm bank. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not very happy about the resource situation myself. I've got two characters wanting ISO to champ before covers for them expire, and then another 4 that need roster slots I can't afford in the next four days. Here's hoping for a ton of 2* Torch and Moonstone covers, since they're the ones closest to flipping.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Well then good thing the System Reboot event gives a total of 13,000 Iso-8 in rewards :)
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    3.5% of a 4* champion cost in iso. Would require a new System Reboot every day for a month to champ a 4*.
  • oldtimes
    oldtimes Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    pheregas said:

I don't understand a single word of this. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you take time off from MPQ then the Dark Avengers win.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    If you take time off from MPQ then the Dark Avengers win.
    The Dark Avengers cannot be defeated, the sooner we all accept this the better.