Is Shield Rank increase coming soon?

nigelregal
nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
I have not spent a lot of money since rank system came out but i'm at rank 121 right now and will be at 125 very soon likely in a month or 2. I am hoarding tokens right now partially to slow down my XP increase but once I open them all I will be at 125 for sure. 

My guess is anyone else who plays PVP and PVE regularly since ranks started will be around the same ranking and will also hit the wall. This is basically punishing people who play the game more. FIrst it was punishing the people who spent money on the game as they hit 125 faster than anyone else. 

The Shield rank only affects newer people to the game to restrict clearance levels so anyone who has played the game for a long time is in the same CL8 boat and XP is purely for ISO rewards. 

Why not just have an infinite rank so the people who want to spend lots of money on the game can get more ISO for ranking up for adding levels to characters and opening tokens? If someone who has level 500+ 5* rosters spends 1000s of dollars in buy clubs and opens lots of tokens they should be allowed to get to rank 2000. Shield rank makes no difference to anyone else's gameplay. 

It would be nice to get a response as to logic and reasoning for why things are like this now and if there is a plan to increase it and time frame. 

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    A Shield Rank limit never really made any sense.  The only reason I can think of is that initially they wanted to dangle that shiny 100k bonus for reaching level 100.  In retrospect, 100k ISO isn't much of a super bonus (less than 1/3rd to leveling a 4*!), but once they raised the levels past 100, they should have taken away the cap entirely.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    In answer to the question: no.

you can't have nice things, get used to it. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL. Nope.  This was confirmed at Gen Con by people that were their.  It is not a top priority. 
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    LOL. Nope.  This was confirmed at Gen Con by people that were their.  It is not a top priority. 
    Heh, that makes it sound like it would take a whole lot of work and planning.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I think this is one of those things that they can't continue to ignore. Sure it might not be enough to stop you from playing, but the complaints from the player base will eventually become incessant. Especially since this all still has to factor into the later clearance levels. It's just not a model that they can keep static. 

The real question everyone wants to know here, is if some kind of log is being kept on all the XP you would have earned since you reached the max. You would think so since they somehow did it before there even was a such thing, but then again that could have easily just been them assigning arbitrary values to your champs depending on tier. 
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    You would think so since they somehow did it before there even was a such thing, but then again that could have easily just been them assigning arbitrary values to your champs depending on tier. 
    More likely the latter. I got bumped straight to whatever the max rank was (65 I think), and at the time I only had a handful of 4* champions, whereas there were definitely people with way better rosters who play more competitively than me who got put at the same rank. So I assume they took some amalgamation of your roster strength and mayyyybe your recent event performances and just went "welp, this seems about right."
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can only hope the stuff that *is* a top priority is meaningful and enjoyable content.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can only hope the stuff that *is* a top priority is meaningful and enjoyable content.
    Top priority is always stuff that makes more money.
    Meaningful and enjoyable content doesn't make buy clubs happen.

"Accidentally" higher odds on classics, however...