Roster help

Options
cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
I am at day 502.  Quickshot80 for those that need to look.  I have one 4* built and one almost.  I have championed some 3*s.  What is the advise for me?  Is there any 4*s to sell to make room for new players I should get?  Thanks.

Comments

• cgrubb80
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I should have mentioned that i will another roster spot tomorrow but it's saved for 3* dr strange.  Also I focus on PVE right now.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In general you should try to keep all 2-3-4-5*. My first advise without seeing your roster (your ID doesn't help - you would have to add the alliance you are in) would be - save CP and don't open LT (that will limit the flow of 4* until you are ready).

Why? Because it's likely you are not really ready for 4 and 5* if you have problem with hero points for slots.

Other than this - maybe you are wasting hero points? It's advisable to limit the spending of hero points on roster slots and nothing else until you have a self sufficient machine. Normally in two weeks of play (before cover expires) you should get enough HP from PvE, DDQ and PvP (plus champion rewards). Don't spend it on stores, heath packs and limit the shield (unless you don't play PvP - then you should to something like 575-650 points to get the most useful rewards for transitioning player)

So the big question is - where are you in the game overall?

Are you farming 2*? Do you have all 3* rostered? How many of them Championed? 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Magic is spot on with his advice. If you don't have the roster slots/extra HP to keep up with new releases, then save all HP for roster slots if you don't play PvP and use it for shielding. Save CP and LT tokens too since both will put a strain on your need for roster slots. Don't spend HP on tokens or vaults since you need to maximize roster flexibility right now from the sounds of it.  Once you are able to start building a nice HP surplus and have no issue rostering characters, then look at using CP and LT tokens.

Work on champing 3* as the champ rewards for them really does pay off for the long haul.  Since roster slots sounds like an issues, 2* farming may be problematic for you as it normally incurs a significant initial roster investment but is really good for your long-term investment in the game.  

There are some people who advise you to jump into 4* as fast as possible but I think that strategy was good under the old current 12 token system but with the new system, you really need to build out your roster or else you will be eventually falling behind those who do have expanded rosters.
  • cgrubb80
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the advise.   I have 4* luke cage built.  I have a few more that are close.  I have about half the 3*s built and or building.  I have most of the 2*s farmed out.  Since 2* Hawkeye is now a feeder for 3* Hawkeye, I was thinking of dumping my one 4* Salman to build him.  What do you think of that?
    I don't play PvP for very long.  I don't last long enough and never use resources on them.  I play the events at level 6.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Don't drop Sandman right now. He's required for one of the next events.