What's a Hornhead Legendary Token?

BearVenger
BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
From the Galactus Hungers preview. What's up with that?

Comments

• NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Shot in the dark, *rimshot* but I'll assume it's for the new 5* DD...
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    5* Rhino??  A new tank
  • AngryGerman
    AngryGerman Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Is this your first 5* release? 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    It's the daredevil legendary token, same as all 5 star releases
    And don't waste your cp on it, at least wait until he's in latest legend tokens 
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I've been around for a few special event Legendary Token releases before, but I thought it would be nice to get a formal introduction.

(And I disagree about saving one's CP. If you are maxed or disinterested in the current latest characters, 10% + 90% odds are better than 5% or 10% + 85% odds.)
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ya know...if you'd read the replies in that thread you'd know =)
    But yeah, it's a 10% chance of a 5* Daredevil and 90% chance of a 4*.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been around for a few special event Legendary Token releases before, but I thought it would be nice to get a formal introduction.

(And I disagree about saving one's CP. If you are maxed or disinterested in the current latest characters, 10% + 90% odds are better than 5% or 10% + 85% odds.)
    Absolutely not.

Cp/lts are the only way to get 5*s.  Buying release tokens reduces the chance of a 5* by 33%.  Unless you abaolutely need to cover the new release as fast as possible and have an effectively unlimited number of cp, you are always better off overall by waiting for the new character to join the latest pool and just buying latest tokens.  

If the release tokens cost 20cp i might feel differently.  But at 25cp they are just a way to trick some players into wasting their cp pn lower 5* odds.
  • NewMcG
    Vhailorx said:

Absolutely not.

Cp/lts are the only way to get 5*s.  Buying release tokens reduces the chance of a 5* by 33%.  Unless you abaolutely need to cover the new release as fast as possible and have an effectively unlimited number of cp, you are always better off overall by waiting for the new character to join the latest pool and just buying latest tokens.  

If the release tokens cost 20cp i might feel differently.  But at 25cp they are just a way to trick some players into wasting their cp pn lower 5* odds.
    But it's easily the best thing to spend on to get a single finished 5*. For (theoretically) 130 pulls you get a covered 5*. How many people do you think would love a time machine to go back and burn a hoard to cover Thanos/BP at a 10% rate?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    New McG said:
    Vhailorx said:

Absolutely not.

But it's easily the best thing to spend on to get a single finished 5*. For (theoretically) 130 pulls you get a covered 5*. How many people do you think would love a time machine to go back and burn a hoard to cover Thanos/BP at a 10% rate?

Could be hard, Bolt didn't have a store.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    New McG said:
    Vhailorx said:

Absolutely not.

And for (theoretically) 260 pulls you can have 3 covered 5 from Latest tokens. 3 characters for the price of two.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Bowgentle said:
    New McG said:
    Vhailorx said:

Absolutely not.

BP does not equal Black Bolt.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mattjimf said:
    Bowgentle said:
    New McG said:
    Vhailorx said:

Absolutely not.

BP does not equal Black Bolt.

Sigh.
    I can't read, apparently.
    Thanks.
  • NewMcG
    Bowgentle said:
    New McG said:
    Vhailorx said:

Absolutely not.

Probably plays into why I didn't mention him?
  • NewMcG
    Daiches said:
    New McG said:
    Vhailorx said:

Absolutely not.

And for (theoretically) 260 pulls you can have 3 covered 5 from Latest tokens. 3 characters for the price of two.
    That's why I said single character. And in that case, you also need an extra tier of random luck to not give you a cover dispersal of something like 25/10/4 between the 3 characters from those theoretical pulls. 13 covers are 13 covers in these 10% stores.