4* Transition — Best use of 360 CP

mrb
mrb Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
None of my 4*s are usable unboosted, and I play PvP with all the 3* champs while saving up CP for my transition. Here's what I got:

- Iceman (2/3/5) at 10 covers I could champ for 360
- 14 Latest Legends
- 18 Classic Legends

My next best 4*s are Ant-Man (5/2/2), Th4r (4/3/2), Medusa (3/1/5), and Peggy (3/1/3). Peggy and Iceman are Faves and I pull an Iceman bonus cover one or two times a year at this rate.

What's my best move? Will a champed iceman with 5 blue covers boost my PvP on a squad with 3*s?

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    If you have the slots to support it, go for the 18 classic legends.  Since you want 4*s more than 5*s at this point, the only difference for you between classic and latest is that you get 4 more of them.  

I'm also a 3 -> 4 transitioner, and my goal is to increase my rate of cover gain.  In my opinion, the sweet spot for being able to beat Crash of the Titans is around level 188.  I try and get as many of my 4*s as possible to this point, even more than trying to champion specific 4*s.  

If someone is close to champion status, I tend to select a 3* bonus hero that will get me the last cover I need, if one is available.  For example, hitting 223 with Squirrel Girl will get you a blue ant-man cover, Mohawk Storm will get you Thor covers, Kamala will get Medusa covers, Mystique will get you Iceman covers, and Psylocke will get you Peggy covers.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I agree with @Spiritclaw. 18 Classic tokens seems like a better use than buying 3 Iceman covers, provided you can roster/use anything you pull.  The only time I would recommend the 120 CP specific cover would be if you have the 6th of a color dying on the vine, and you need to buy a different color to prevent wasting the other.
  • mrb
    mrb Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Awesome, thanks. I've always bought Classic tokens in the past and I guess I'll keep doing so until I'm out of this phase of roster development.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    you should keep hoarding your cp and LT.

You really aren't even close to the point where you get value out of your hoard

Keep your focus on the PVe and progression 4*.  Ideally, you need to already have a working 4* tier that can compete with other 4* before you open.

Your still a solid 2-3 seasons away before I would even consider using cp 

Specifically what will you do about any 5* drops?  with 18 pulls you'll avg at least 2 5* covers
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, if you don't have any 4* characters covered at all, I don't really see a reason to hoard other than to avoid wasting ISO. I'd just pull a classic any time you have the CP to do so and enough ISO to champion. 

If you pull a big hoard, you have a good chance of ending up with multiple characters fully covered with extra covers rotting, and not enough ISO to avoid selling some of them.

And you'll definitely end up having to sell some regardless when you pull 13 of one color and one of the others. There's no avoiding it without a ton of direct buying (which is a waste), so just make your peace with it now.

In response to the original question, yeah, I'd just pull the classics. No sense pulling Latest unless you're gunning  for the 5*s.
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    do you have all 4* rostered, if you do have then you can pull 18 classics, if not then better off doing as phumade said above
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm going to repeat what everyone else has already said... If you have enough roster space, enough ISO, and a low risk of duplicate covers that you can't use at all, your best bet is the 18. Otherwise, hoard.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Do you have all 4* rostered? If so then open your hoard until you hit 14 covers for somebody and then stop immediately until you champ them, rinse and repeat. If you don't have the HP or roster space then I'd open until your roster spots are full and then hoard until you can open up another spot, you don't want to have to waste a cover just due to space.  I agree with what somebody above me said, don't waste the 120 CP on a single 4* cover unless it's an elite character and you've got a cover dying on the vine. 
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think anyone needs to hoard until they have a lot of championed 4*s. I made it to three championed 5*s without hoarding. Now, I am hoarding, because my PVP MMR is tough with the championed 5*s, so getting an extra championed 4* or a partially-covered 5* doesn't do anything to improve my PVP experience.

Basically I want a new championed 5* to use in PVP, because using Cap5/Phx/OML in PVP gets very repetitive... I want more characters I can actually use (that won't then die super fast on defense, which is what would happen if I were to use 4*s or partially covered 5*s).

Also I have RHulk set as my Bonus 4* hero, so I'll use him boosted in PVP once he gets up to a high enough level, such as lv 479... look out!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:
    I don't think anyone needs to hoard until they have a lot of championed 4*s. I made it to three championed 5*s without hoarding. Now, I am hoarding, because my PVP MMR is tough with the championed 5*s, so getting an extra championed 4* or a partially-covered 5* doesn't do anything to improve my PVP experience.

Basically I want a new championed 5* to use in PVP, because using Cap5/Phx/OML in PVP gets very repetitive... I want more characters I can actually use (that won't then die super fast on defense, which is what would happen if I were to use 4*s or partially covered 5*s).

Also I have RHulk set as my Bonus 4* hero, so I'll use him boosted in PVP once he gets up to a high enough level, such as lv 479... look out!
    Switch out Rulk - Panthos laughs at him.
    Get Carol or Medusa to 370 first.