Has anyone seen that special animation yet?

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
What is this special animation when you open up a new roster slot and have your highest level character favorited??? I just opened up a roster slot, but I did it via the character rewards screen and not by purchasing a blank spot directly, so I missed it.

Does anyone have a gif or video of this?? 

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017

There is no "special" animation. Just the normal animation when you purchase a slot.

As per the release notes thread:

Brigby said:
    broll said:
    Brigby
    Now that the patch is live any insight as to what "An animation now plays when a player purchases a roster slot when the highest level hero they have is Favorited." means and/or why it became a thing?  Seemed like it was related to a new feature, but I haven't see one posted yet.
    @broll It turns out that this was a bug fix. Previously if you purchased a Roster Slot, and you had a Bonus Hero selected, the Roster Slot was being added, but there wouldn't be any animation that played. This made it look like the Roster Slot wasn't being purchased at all.

Now it should be fixed so that an animation plays!

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for clarifying that. I'm happy to know the truth... but I guess I had been hoping for something super zany  B)
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    mpqr7 said:
    Thanks for clarifying that. I'm happy to know the truth... but I guess I had been hoping for something super zany  B)

Like a "sparkly" victory banner, perhaps?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:

I kind of miss that. Sort of.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 said:

I kind of miss that. Sort of.
    Everyone references that but it was before my time.  Anyone have a pic or video showing it?