How does Bl4de's Red Power work?

Options
heybub
heybub Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
Hi,

I've been using 4* Blade quite a lot recently and really like the character.  I have noticed his red doesn't seem to work quite like the description reads.  Has anyone else noticed it acting funny, or is the description need updating?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You'll need to be more specific. Which part doesn't fit the description?

If you have less than 9 red, he will create strikes if there's enough red on the board. Once you get 9 or more red AP banked, he spends 1 per turn to deal damage to a random enemy until you're down to 7.
  • heybub
    Options
    I'm seeing weird things with The Bloodlust.  Is he supposed to deal damage to multiple enemies?  Does the damage increase with the number of red AP you have?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He doesn't damage multiple enemies at once, but he damages a random enemy each turn. 

Damage doesn't change with more AP - gathering more just keeps it going longer. You may be seeing different damage numbers because you've got different numbers of strikes out when he gets going.
  • heybub
    Options
    Maybe...Those strikes are pretty powerful, and I might not be taking them into account.

As for multiple enemies...I think I've seen him split damage between two enemies.  So instead of doing 2200 to one, he does 1100 to two...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Were there any Attack tiles on the board? Attack tiles will damage the enemy in front, while Bloodlust damages a random enemy. This could make it seem like Bloodlust is dealing damage between two enemies, since both damage triggers are applied almost simultaneously.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Although, attack tiles deal damage at the end of the turn, while bloodlust deals damage at the beginning.

That said, there ARE sources of beginning-of-turn damage that have no animations, such as Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, that quietly go off and can be easy to miss.
  • heybub
    Options
    This is just from memory, and I didn't do a rigorous test, so I could be wrong.  I usually use him with Dr. S, and sometimes it's hard to follow/isolate attacks with everything going on.  What I feel like happened (and I remember seeing this a couple of times) was that he would randomly attack a goon, but instead of doing the expected 2k damage to one enemy, he did 1k damage to both.  These goons may have been identical, so maybe Blade got confused?  Most of the time, he did like he was supposed to.  I also cannot confirm if he actually did damage to two enemies, or it was just reported as so.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never seen him do damage to two characters. If one of them died from The Bloodlust, you might have also witnessed a graphical bug where the enemies switch positions as one or more of them takes damage, making it unclear from the floating numbers alone who took damage from what, and why. Especially since Crimson Bands has no banner that flies by when it does damage.
  • heybub
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Ok, I tried to reproduce, but could not, so I guess I was hallucinating during a rough grind session.  The closest thing I got was when using Dr. S's blue.  It would do the Bloodlust animation, but then hit the enemy for the bloodlust and another for Dr S.'s blue simultanously.  So maybe that was it....