New Character XP Bug? (Elektra)

Options
cpeyton3535
cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
So I just rostered 3* Elektra 2 minutes ago and only got 5 XP for it.  Thought new characters gave you 20 XP?

I mean I'm not all that worried about it, but I'm curious to know if there was a change I missed.

Comments

• SNKAllen
    SNKAllen Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is'nt it based on character star level?
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah I believe it is character star level based. 
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    Yeah I believe it is character star level based. 
    Hmmmm... I always thought it was 'tier-agnostic'.  At least according to the post I've always used:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49924

Truth is I haven't been paying attention enough to know if that's true or not!
  • cpeyton3535
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @cpeyton3535
    The amount of experience gained is based on the star level of the character.

Recruit Character
    • 1-Star: 1 XP
    • 2-Star: 2 XP
    • 3-Star: 5 XP
    • 4-Star: 10 XP
    • 5-Star: 20 XP
    Perfect, thanks @Brigby !

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @cpeyton3535

Recruit Character
    I thought those were the values for adding a cover to a character, but every charcter rostered for the first time earned 20 XP as stated in this post: 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/49924/un-official-s-h-i-e-l-d-rank-xp-and-level-rewards

• DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wouldn't that mean you could get 20 XP for Recruiting a 1*, selling immediately, then roster another 1* for a cheap 20xp? instead of always selling them...

If that were true, I would have guessed it would have been a known great leveling trick.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't that mean you could get 20 XP for Recruiting a 1*, selling immediately, then roster another 1* for a cheap 20xp? instead of always selling them...

If that were true, I would have guessed it would have been a known great leveling trick.

You only get XP when you roster a character for the first time.
    No cycling of 1*s.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @cpeyton3535

Recruit Character
    I thought those were the values for adding a cover to a character, but every charcter rostered for the first time earned 20 XP as stated in this post: 
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/49924/un-official-s-h-i-e-l-d-rank-xp-and-level-rewards

This was my impression as well.