Progression Reward Changes in Versus Tournaments Goes Permanent????

Options

I LOVED THIS CHANGE!! 

Was the feedback not favorable?  I am not much of a PVP player but this made me want to play it.  Is this on the books for a permanent change any time soon?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There will probably be a couple more test runs, and then some variation of it will be implemented permanently. A couple of months total, probably.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    When it does get implemented permanently, you will probably get less than 8 hours notice before it goes live.
  • Jjshack
    Jjshack Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    honestly, a lot of people was the old system and hate the new...and a lot hate the old and want the new.  Why can't D3 compromise and leave placement awards as they are, BUT make progression a combo of both.  Whichever you get first, say 900pts or 40 wins you get that award.  then if you hit 900 in 20 matches you are happy, but the poor guy getting beat down can still eventually get to 40 wins, if they work at it, and get the award.  Even if they never make it to 900.  and the guy at 900 doesn't have to grind to 40 wins.

Does that make sense?  

consider that my Suggestion :D
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jjshack said:
    honestly, a lot of people was the old system and hate the new...and a lot hate the old and want the new.  Why can't D3 compromise and leave placement awards as they are, BUT make progression a combo of both.  Whichever you get first, say 900pts or 40 wins you get that award.  then if you hit 900 in 20 matches you are happy, but the poor guy getting beat down can still eventually get to 40 wins, if they work at it, and get the award.  Even if they never make it to 900.  and the guy at 900 doesn't have to grind to 40 wins.

Does that make sense?  

consider that my Suggestion :D
    I've seen it before and I'm certainly not opposed to it.  It's a pretty good compromise.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    great suggestion, hope they implement it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would be down for a compromise. Thus people who get to 900 in less than 40 battles no longer get penalized and forced to do more battles than normally would be necessary.

I had originally hoped that the number of wins would be bonus prizes in addition to the point progression prizes, not just replace them.
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the point is that many players can get progression rewards, 40 wins not a little but doable.
    if they just add new bonus prize for number of win, then these other player still can not get the progression rewards.