Event vaults

Options
jredd
jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
Having an event vault where you might get 4-5 pulls from the vault with 80 items in the vault is a little bit goofy. the chances of pulling something worthwhile is pretty small. at some point in this game, things need to be weighted a little more in favour of pulling something better. whether it be reducing the amount of items in the vault to 20-40, or eliminating 2* awards, or rewarding more event tokens along the way, something should be done to make the rewards match the person pulling them. i dunno if you could populate the vault differently based on the clearance level people select. but for people a little further along in the game, pulling 2* from event tokens is asinine. 

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But then who would buy 40-packs? ;)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Progression reward tokens should be 10 pulls.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What I do at this point, especially since I'm getting down to a manageable number of covers I need to finish champs, I hoard event tokens more often than not.

I've been trying to tweak a decision tree to decide when to hoard and when to pull.  Here's what I've got:

How badly do I want the 4* covers?  
    • If a cover would get me to 13 it get's a 3 point value. 
    • If the cover is usable for a non-champed quality high character 2 point value.  
    • If the cover is usable for a non-champed low quality character 1 point value.  
    • If the character is already champed or the cover is unusable 0.
    • This gives the vault a max value of 9 and min of 0.  
    • I then make a percentage value by dividing that number by 9.
    How likely am I go get the cover(s)?
    • 60-80 hoarded tokens = 100%
    • 40-60 hoarded tokens = 60%
    • 20-40 hoarded tokens = 30%
    • 0-20 hoarded tokens = 0%
    I then multiply the percentages together and if the value is 50% or higher I go for it.

I would run an example but for both Prodigal Sun and Thick as Thieves I have 0 hoarded so that means I'm hoarding them all regardless of what's in the vault.

Currently hoarded event tokens:
    • The Hunt - 8
    • Dark Avengers Heroic - 4
    • Enemy of the State - 44
    • Webbed Wonder - 13
    • Deapool vs MPQ - 11
    • Meet Rocket & Groot - 10
    • Unstable ISO-8 - 15
    • Book of Vishanti - 2
    • Orb of Agamotto - 2
    • Wand of Watoomb -2 
    Most of the time I end up being able to cash out before they get much higher than 20, but that's also with spending some HP on single pull deals each day.  I'm hoping this modified tree will lead to me being more patient and wasting less HP chasing covers.

Hope this helps others!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's a really interesting method you have there @broll. I enjoyed reading that.