How much would you pay for a respec?

purplemur
purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
edited August 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So, I gambled and lost: kept my BH as The Thing even though he had 5 in green, got my first bonus in about 6 weeks and of course it was the "special". Instead of expecting colorless covers to ever happen I was thinking about alternatives, and I can't get around wondering why, WHY!?! isn't there a respec mech? I would pay IGC, cash money, perform side quests, trade-in whatever it takes for about 6-10 characters. It would make sense for the devs to offer a store and fleece some more money out of us.

What would you pay to redistribute your covers?

How much would you pay for a respec? 72 votes

A little bit of iso: 1k - 3.5k(4* cover - biggest node reward)
12% 9 votes
A lot of iso: >10k (Hidden Stash)
5% 4 votes
A little HP: 1k - 3.6k (Roster slot - HfH)
18% 13 votes
A lot of HP: >7k (40x vault)
1% 1 vote
A little CP: 20 - 25 (LT)
20% 15 votes
A lot of CP: 120 (4* cover)
1% 1 vote
A little cash: 1-5$
1% 1 vote
Whale: 5-20$
1% 1 vote
Side quest: redo prologue, gauntlet, PvP award, vault token
2% 2 votes
I wouldn't pay anything
34% 25 votes

Comments

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I apologize: its my first poll. Is there a way to vote for more than one?

I think its worth a Bugle Pittance(2$) to change your 0/1/5 into a usable 2/2/2.
    I would like to see it as a winnable token type, or achievment that you can redeem, but that seems entirely too fair
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    5$-20$ is whaling?  Ha!  
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know if I'd consider respeccing before championing a solution when they could simply impliment colourless covers or a way to re-roll a cover's colour as a more promising solution.

I am with you in terms of the system needing a change of some kind since I've just pulled my 5th Sandman yellow today, so naturally I'm not going to be lucky enough that his 1/1/5 isn't going to screw me over repeatedly over the coming weeks, but paying money in ISO, HP or actual cash to respec before champing doesn't sit well with me.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor

Great idea.

And as soon as a player has paid for a respec, his account is flagged so that on future pulls for 5/x/x characters he's 50% more likely to receive a 6th cover. I think that's called targetted marketing.

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't pay for anything that should be in the game if the devs respected the players. Hearthstone has recently implemented enhancements where any Legendary draws will be one you don't yet have. While some cards are clearly better than others, you'll never have to sell a Legendary for dust.  It will be guaranteed usable.

Yet another reason I've recently bought Frozen Throne packs, and haven't put a dime into MPQ in months.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    The price should be a nominal one at most on 4* and lower stars, free on 5* characters.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I'd pay to respec my 5-2-5 black bolt and start saving iso immediately.   Do me more good than any other purchase.  
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd pay to respec my 5-2-5 black bolt and start saving iso immediately.   Do me more good than any other purchase.  
    If any 5* is worth 720 CP to be able to champ, it's him. I think he's the consensus best as of now in 5* land.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I've always thought these kinds of polls are a bit meaningless because most people are just going to vote much lower than they are actually willing to spend because everybody likes cheap stuff.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    not a dime.
    the time when I supported mpq is long gone, last time I spent real world money was the vision bug
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I might pay a small amount of ISO or HP, but honestly at least your BH should be a colorless cover or a cover you can use, you should be able to swap 2-4 4* per month and all 5* if they come in duplicates (only if you're at 5/x/x, so we don't have everyone trading Cap and Hulk for Panther or Thanos).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wouldn't pay anything for a 3/4 respec.

For a 5 I'd pay most costs within in reason.  1k HP, 25CP, whatever to avoid selling a 5.

• MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

Assuming that the use case for a re-spec would be to avoid selling a 6th cover in a color your hero already has 5 of...  

I consider that cover on the vine a lost cause if the associated character is at 11 or less total covers. 

If its a 4* and at 12 covers, then the current cost to fix that is 120 ISO, which also nets you a specific cover, so the price for a 4* re-spec would have to be under 120 ISO for me to consider using it.  Not only would it have to be under 120CP, but since I value a 4* cover at 20 CP the re-spec would be a wash at 100CP, because the difference would be a specific cover for 20CP.  D3/Demi could incentivize the re-spec by pricing it under 100CP for 4*s.

I think a fair price would be the cost of purchasing a specific cover for that character minus the cost of pulling a cover of that tier:

4*s = (120-20) = 100CP

5*s = (720 - 100) = 620CP  (its just over 50% likely that you will see a 5* cover before you go 5 in a row without)

3*s = ? less than 20 CP for sure, beyond that I don't know.

• Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor

I think a fair price would be the cost of purchasing a specific cover for that character minus the cost of pulling a cover of that tier:

4*s = (120-20) = 100CP

5*s = (720 - 100) = 620CP  (its just over 50% likely that you will see a 5* cover before you go 5 in a row without)

3*s = ? less than 20 CP for sure, beyond that I don't know.

I wonder how many people are dumb enough to pay those ridiculous numbers. To me 120cp for a 4 is way too high and 720 for a 5 is insane. 

I'd pay 20-25 cp max.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    It should really be the champion fee. Make it so any character can be championed (before they are maxed) and then allow respect when championed. No need to implement colourless covers if you can respec at will
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie said:
    It should really be the champion fee. Make it so any character can be championed (before they are maxed) and then allow respect when championed. No need to implement colourless covers if you can respec at will
    That seems like a reasonable compromise and assuming they still like rng being involved, they could even gate it behind reaching 5 covers in a single cover so they can still do their messing around with what is given out for new character launches.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Why not make it similar to what you can do if a card is championed? Go down one level in one color and up in another color, but with the difference you don't gain any levels. Otherwise it would be too easy. So for example, your Medusa is 5-4-2 (yellow-red-purple), you pull another yellow. You could now use your new yellow to drop one level in yellow and go up one level in purple, resulting in a 4-4-3.
    This way any next card would be useable (or at least 2 if you had a 5-5-2 to start with)

I understand this isnt nearly as good as a colorless cover, but i don't see that happen any time soon

My last 3 cp pulls resulted in 6th covers, so i can share the pain when pulling that 6th cover (and probably ending up having to sell it at a measly 1000 iso)
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    just make colorless cover should be an option