4* Blade as a reward in PVE... again?

Options
TheHungryPet
TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
Maybe I missed the schedule but I feel like we're getting 4* Blade again quite early (only a few months since his last listing) I assumed we'd rotate through all 4* first but it seems like I'm unaware of the reward schedule.

What determines the order of 4* rewards in PVE?

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Have you ever seen the Southpark episode showing how Family Guy episodes are written......

It's a 2 parter called "Cartoon Wars I & II"
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There has been a tendency to weight rewards to "token 12".  This was practiced during vaulting.  It was approximately 2 to 1 latest vs vaulted. I'm not sure what the current approach is.

Here is a link to Desert Tortoise's tracking spreadsheet:
    DesertTortoise's PvE 4-star Essential Tracking/Forecast:

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    There has been a tendency to weight rewards to "token 12".  This was practiced during vaulting.  It was approximately 2 to 1 latest vs vaulted. I'm not sure what the current approach is.

Here is a link to Desert Tortoise's tracking spreadsheet:
    DesertTortoise's PvE 4-star Essential Tracking/Forecast:

Thanks a lot for pointing me to that, @bluewolf

I felt like there should be a logic to this madness :smile:

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I'm not mistaken, don't they seem to give characters a swan song appearance before they rotate out?  (Please ignore this if he isn't rotating next season, but I thought he was supposed to).
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm perfectly fine with it, since the Progression cover is green, which makes my 2/0/5 Bl4de very happy.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Be glad, he's good.

Pray we'll never go on an XForce run like that.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    If I'm not mistaken, don't they seem to give characters a swan song appearance before they rotate out?  (Please ignore this if he isn't rotating next season, but I thought he was supposed to).
    That has been coincidence, not planned, in terms of rewarding covers in PVE just before vaulting (not vaulting).   

And Blade is actually already....We need a new term for vaulted.  Non-preferred?  Hard to get?  Just "rotated"?  He was moved last season, I think.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    And Blade is actually already....We need a new term for vaulted.  Non-preferred?  Hard to get?  Just "rotated"?  He was moved last season, I think.
    "Vintage" ;)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's how I felt about Riri being featured as the alliance reward during the second run of Sinister Six. I had been hoping for Rocket and Groot so I could champ them.

Of course when they final were featured again, IRL events got in the way and I missed out on the covers I needed to champ them through placement. Go figure. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm perfectly fine with it, since the Progression cover is green, which makes my 2/0/5 Bl4de very happy.
    You might be disappointed then: in the Defenders Release Events thread, it says we've got a boss battle event following on directly from Prodigal Sun.  In the past that has meant the character gets skipped as a progression award.

[of course, that's assuming they don't give us 3 of his covers as part of the boss event]
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    ZootSax said:
    That has been coincidence, not planned, in terms of rewarding covers in PVE just before vaulting (not vaulting).   

Vintage is the new term for vaulted.
    I like to go with Featured for the other 12 that are, well featured.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    You might be disappointed then: in the Defenders Release Events thread, it says we've got a boss battle event following on directly from Prodigal Sun.  In the past that has meant the character gets skipped as a progression award.

[of course, that's assuming they don't give us 3 of his covers as part of the boss event]
    Ugh. That happened to me twice with Miles. At least I actually have Bl4de, just poorly covered.