Nissa3 Deck

Options
I recently got Nissa3 and have played around with different decks but I've gotten her to level 56 and am wanting to get her deck in a state I'm happy with for Standard PvP. 

My Current list

Creatures: (1)
Shefet Monitor 

Spells: (4)
Censor
Hieroglyph Illumination 
Stratus Walk 
Turn to Frog or Mantle of Webs?

Supports: (5)
New Perspectives 
Drake Haven 
Sphinx's Tutelage 
Thopter Spy Network 
Sandwurm Convergence 

This deck is solid and I've found it to be fun but not sure if Mantle or Frog would be better.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. 

Comments

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options

In my N.3 deck I run Kefnet’s Monument. It’s a bit pricey at 15 mana, but a cycle of Shefet Monitor can usually do the trick. I like it because it generates a bit of mana for your cyclers and can lock up your opponent’s creature simultaneously.

If I had to make a cut from your deck list I might go with Stratus Walk? Otherwise looks solid!

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I recently got Nissa3 and have played around with different decks but I've gotten her to level 56 and am wanting to get her deck in a state I'm happy with for Standard PvP. 

My Current list

Shefet Monitor 

Censor
    Hieroglyph Illumination 
    Stratus Walk 
    Turn to Frog or Mantle of Webs?

New Perspectives 
    Drake Haven 
    Sphinx's Tutelage 
    Thopter Spy Network 
    Sandwurm Convergence 

This deck is solid and I've found it to be fun but not sure if Mantle or Frog would be better.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. 

I would try to include dissenter's deliverance.
    a card such as authority of the consuls might
    reduce much of your tokens effectiveness.

HH
  • Grenade110
    Grenade110 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Kefnet's Monument's first two abilities only effect blue creatures and it's third ability triggers on creatures being cast. Creating tokens and casting creatures are two totally different things so it wouldn't work. Also with the only creature in the deck being green the mana it wouldn't provide any mana. Therefore you've just suggested I include a 16 mana support that wouldn't do anything. 

Stratus Walk is in to work with Sandwurm Convergence. Give the opponent's creature flying and Sandwurm Convergence stops it from attacking. It also synergizes with Tutelage.

I was considering Dissenter's Deliverance for awhile but I have ended up shelfing this deck in favor of an Aftermath centric deck that had proved to be more interesting and less reliant on "combos".

The new decklist is:

Gaea's Revenge 

Consign
    Driven
    Reason
    Beneath the Sands

Sphinx's Tutelage 
    Nissa's Pilgrimage 
    Yavimaya Coast 
    Refuse
    Farm

• mrixl2520
    mrixl2520 Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Good call on the Kefnet's Monument's, I wasn't making that connection. Also, I have new found respect for Stratus Walk. Looks gross, run it! :smile:

• Lotrfreak200578
    Lotrfreak200578 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I love my nissa3 deck. I dont have new perspectives so I have run mine a bit different. However I still normally win by turn 4-6. This is how I run mine...

Creatures:
    Shefet Monitor
    Channeler Initiate
    Rhonas the Idomitable
    Curator of Mysteries

Spells:
    Desert of the Mindful
    Mantle of Webs
    Hieroglyphic Illumination
    Floodwaters

Supports:
    Drake Haven
    Scattered Groves

Rhonas is mainly there to kill everything. Channeler combos well with Shefet and the Scattered groves for some crazy Mana gains. Desert of the Mindful is great for Mana or cycling. Curator of Mysteries ensures that when I cycle cards I'm nearly guaranteed more cycling cards. The other spells are just cheap spells that help me get started or hold off my opponent while I get set up.
  • MtGMoxJet
    MtGMoxJet Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Support:
    New Perspectives
    Spells:
    Rishkars Expertise
    Beneath the Sands
    Hieroglyphic Illumination
    Dissenters Deliverance
    Censor
    Creatures:
    Shefet Monitor
    Curator of Mysteries
    Samut,Voice of Dissent
    Cultivator of Blades (replaced with creatures to achieve objectives, platinum angel for 20 or less damage, vehicle for vehicle objectives, etc. )

Pretty much a straight-forward deck. Cast or cycle cards when needed. Get level 3 ability out as early as possible. Cycle to get creatures as big as possible to win with one attack. Shefet is always cycled.
  • Igemon
    Igemon Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Drake Haven + Curator of Mysteries + N3 third ability is like an 'auto-win' button.
    If you have this combo, you can get unlimited power in one turn.
    And i mean it, anything you wish, like 100 power or 500 or 1000 or anything.
    Just fill the deck with any sort of cheap cycling stuff.