Marvel Contest of Champions Just Announced 6 Star Characters

Options
2»

Comments

• dp05
    dp05 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've kicked around the idea of what I've dubbed "the great shift", with concepts that may have been mentioned in the forums by others before but I don't follow every thread so pardon if I rehash some ideas others have mentioned.

So yeah, The Great Shift would effectively shift all tiers down a star level, starting the 5-star tier with a clean slate and putting the 4-star tier around 17.  It would also enable them to maintain the existing release schedule and not have to completely redo reward structures (not saying they don't need to, but they wouldn't have to initially).  DDQ could even largely stay the way it currently is.  Still, many questions come out of this...
       - What about the 1-stars?  A few things could happen here.  They could fold them into the "new" 1-star tier and give them champion levels, adding 3rd powers to chars that don't have them.  I don't think they'd do this because there isn't money to be made at this tier.  More likely I'd say is to merge some of them (mostly ones that have 3 powers) and pull the rest out for rework and re-release at a higher tier (5* Classic Hawkeye Arrow Stab!).
       - What about levels?  Do you roll back max char levels to how the tiers stand now, or add a new cap to the "new" 5 stars?  How is former 5-star leveling affected, since they currently raise the level cap differently than the lower tiers for each of the initial 13 covers?  Would think you'd almost have to retain current char levels, otherwise you would have to retool a lot of champion rewards.
       - ISO shortage is already a problem, and this shift would only exacerbate this as former 4-stars are suddenly a bit easier to come by (at least for filthy casuals like me).  This would be compounded further if character levels are left where they are.  Either leveling costs would have to be cut or rate of ISO acquisition would have to be increased.

Other questions come out of this too but going to end my mini-rant for now.  Unsure this would even be a viable option, but feel free to comment/tear to pieces accordingly!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I dunno what you guys are talking about I've been farming 6* characters for the past 2 months, ever since they released God Doom.  He's really good.  I pretty much stomp all 5* teams since he has all the passive abilities of all the other characters in the game.  And that's just one of his colors (brown)!  The other 16 colors will be really good too, I bet, once I get them.