The vulture is broken and needs to be fixed asap

finlanderboy
finlanderboy Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
His black abilty makes him invicible for 2 truns, gives him enouh ap to fire it again when he lands plus his other attacks and then take off again before the other side can go.  making himunbeatable

These type of auto win characters make this ga,e not worht playing

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    We just had an entire PvP with him.  Pretty sure it wasn't just a string of matches that ended in stalemate.

Target him first, deny black.  Watch him KO.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    .finlanderboy said:
    What's a ga,e and why is it not worth playing?  How do you even play a ga,e.

I don't have a problem with Vulture, I think devs have stated that Riri's gauntlet move should be able to target him so he's not invincible.  There are characters who are certainly more invincible:
    • Anyone with invisibility tiles (Agent Venom, Invisible Woman, Miles Morales, Howard the Duck)
    • Spider-Woman with her 5 turn can't be hit move.
    • Electra with her trap tiles that negate damage.
    • To some extent characters who spawn larger number of (or high value) shield tiles can reduce most/all damage down to 1 (Luke C4ge, to a lesser extent Bullseye & Wasp)
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Even at 5 Black covers he only generates 2 black AP per turn for 2 turns. The ability requires 6 AP to fire. Has has to land some time. While he's airborne, save your AP and knock the tinykitty out of him when he lands.
    If it generated enough AP where he was perma-airborne I would agree with you. As it is, it's just another level of puzzle to work with. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    .finlanderboy said:

Being a pedantic jerk is still being a jerk.
    I had to look up what 'pedantic' meant. Good word use.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I think that every ability that target airborn characters should do damage to the airborn target. Such as Bl4des Bloodlust. Even AoE attacks who deal damage to enemy team should do damage to airborn target.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    He is not broken, his is simply a target first character.  It is the strategy aspect of the game that makes it interesting.  Just like Medusa, Carrol and Blade and to a lesser extent Electra and 4 Star Lord, if you give them time to get going you are in trouble, same with Vulture, not broken just need to adapt your play to who you are facing.  He is unique to the game that is what makes it fun and interesting if everybody was a self feeding nuke dropper what is the point.  With the exception of Sandman they have been on a real roll with new characters and their fixes.  
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Block black first, if he keeps flying away eventually he will have to land. By this time you will gain enough AP to crush him when he runs out of black. Plus when he is in the air he doesn't make any matches giving you 2 free rounds of AP generation, tile boosting or matching black to play keep away.

He may seem "broken" but he is new and most people haven't learn how to fight or deal with him, he is actually decently balanced. 
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Kind of off topic, but I was wondering, if Vulture gets sent Airborne by an opponent, say Riri or Nova, does his black kick in and generate AP for his team? I don't have black on my Vulture yet, so haven't been able to try testing it.

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    So if you save up 14 black ap...
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    talleman said:
    I think that every ability that target airborn characters should do damage to the airborn target. Such as Bl4des Bloodlust. Even AoE attacks who deal damage to enemy team should do damage to airborn target.

That is the difference between "stunned" and "airborne". The character is nowhere near broken. The OP had a bad match and now this toon is "broken" and "unbeatable". 

Please.
    But stunned characters also take match damage and damage from single target attacks. Airborn targets should only take damage from passive targeting attacks and AoE attacks. Thats what i ment.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    talleman said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    talleman said:

That is the difference between "stunned" and "airborne". The character is nowhere near broken. The OP had a bad match and now this toon is "broken" and "unbeatable". 

Please.
    But stunned characters also take match damage and damage from single target attacks. Airborn targets should only take damage from passive targeting attacks and AoE attacks. Thats what i ment.
    I get it--you can target stunned toons because they are right there on the ground... stunned. Airborne toons are away from the battlefield. You cannot interact with them and they cannot interact with you. That is the intended game mechanic.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kind of off topic, but I was wondering, if Vulture gets sent Airborne by an opponent, say Riri or Nova, does his black kick in and generate AP for his team? I don't have black on my Vulture yet, so haven't been able to try testing it.

Yes any time he is airborne he gains AP.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    He's not broken or OP he's just good - silly thread should be locked
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Keep things civil and constructive or I will hand out warnings like Oprah***
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    You want to know what's unbeatable? Medusa/Carnage/Mr. Fantastic. Holy tinykitty is that team tough to beat. If you're trying to deal with Mr. F's  fortified defense and Imaginaut tiles, you've got Medusa passively healing and generating AP out of thin air. But if you try to deal with Medusa, you've got Carnage throwing tiles around like parade candy. If you try to deal with Carnage and match away his tiles, you've got Medusa's and Mr. F's passives healing and generating AP.... I NEVER KNOW WHO TO KILL FIRST. It's quite dizzying.

(That was not a complaint. I'm in the process of champing Mr.F to run that team myself >:) )

Compared to that mess, Vulture is a cream puff.
    I fought that team once. Once. I focused on Carnage and poured on the damage and got him down to like 300 health. Just one more turn and then he's toast. So of course Medusa matched some of her tiles away which led to a little cascade which matched more tiles which gave Carnage full health again as well as their team a ton of ap. They then did a parade of death on me. Super fun.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    .finlanderboy said:

Being a pedantic jerk is still being a jerk.
    As is calling someone a pedantic jerk.  broll frequently makes jokes like this on the forum employing sarcasm which is admittedly hard to detect from a post.  Perhaps I am just as guilty of that with your post.  Generally though if you have to make a personal attack it probably comes from something you should be working on rather than the person you are taking a shot at.  

As to the OP Vulture is not any more OP than any of the newer 4*s.  Power creep has made some of these new guys and gals pretty sweet but none of them are "invincible".  Vulture in particular suffers from a giant case of what I like to call Loki syndrome, he is definitely useful but a strong wind could take him out.  His low HP means that if you just deny black early and target him first he'll have a real hard time fueling anyone since he'll be downed quickly.  

He is fun to play, at least he was for me during the PVE when he was featured since mine is still not really usable at level 120 4/1/4 but hardly game-breaking.  I've played against him when he was boosted in PVP and only had trouble with him the very first time I fought him and only because I didn't target him first.  He is way less dominant as a support character in his tier than IM40 is in the 3* tier.