Rerecruiting 3* Characters

Options
Melovingu1
Melovingu1 Posts: 63 Match Maker
FMI = 4 my info} with 800+ days in, iz it a good thing or bad thing 2 rerecruit 3* characters?  the good - bad & ugly. 

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I assume you're at the same spot I am; I'm at 809 days in, a fairly large and growing stable of 4*, etc. I do have all of the 3* rostered and champed, and am just starting a farm (my 2nd IM40 was just champed a couple of weeks ago, and I'll sell my max-champed one when I get a few more levels into the dupe), so your mileage may vary.

At this point, I roster anything that comes my way; I have more HP than I care to spend, so the cost is nothing, and all 3* eventually show up as PVE essentials and DDQ requirements. As a note, I am not currently playing much PVP, although I am finding I have more time with the new PVE scaling.

If you're asking "Is it worth the 20CP to buy 3* covers", I can't really answer that without knowing your roster, but if it's anything like mine, the answer is clearly no. I can clear DDQ or an essential with a single cover of the required 3*, so I just let the covers come in and champ when I get to 13. Of course, if you're still in 3* land the dynamics are different; when I was there, I did spend the 20CP a couple of times to finish Panther and Thor; in both cases I had covers dying on the vine and they're pretty good in 3* land (although not useful in 4* land).

• Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It depends on how much PvP you play.  At 800+ days you are probably mostly concentrating on building your 4*s and/or eyeing the 5* tier.  Unchamped or low champed 3*s are about as useful as 2*s, in that they are essential and need to be there for some matches.  The effort required to pump 100 extra levels into them and the relatively poor payout for selling a maxchamp make farming them highly inefficient, so there's no reason to use them for that.

What they are useful for is high-level PvP play.  A max-champ 3* can perform almost as well as a low-champ 4*.  Possibly even better for top-tier like IM40 or Switch.  They have a lot more health and do comparable damage, and have to be considered as a factor when attacking the team rather than just something you blow out of the water as an incidental casualty when you fire off AoEs.  So if you're into PvP competitively, keeping the maxchamps around is a good thing.

In other words - sell and reroster if high-end PvP isn't your thing.  If it is, either sell the covers or cycle a dupe, depending on personal preference.