Now, it really is time for more 4* PVE rewards

Options
bluewolf
bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
There is a lot of complaining around here about people being forced out of placement in PVE.  This is a good problem for developers, as it is because 5* rosters are playing PVE more (higher engagement), but is demoralizing for 4* rosters and below, as they are not able to hit their accustomed goals.  A popular suggestion is increasing 4* cover rewards.    

I know: Approximately 1/2 - 3/4 of the posts on the forum ask for more rewards.  Nothing new here.  However, adding 4* covers seems to make sense from a fairness perspective.

Here are some facts:

1.  It has been almost a year (I found a 331 day old reddit post) since 2 "free" 4* covers began to be given out every week (for anyone playing PVE to progression).  This equals 104 progression covers per year.  This was obviously an acceptable (to the devs) reward system at the time, when we had just 37 4* characters.  It was also widely loved by players for obvious reasons.
2.  Since then, we have added approximately 17 4*s, to a total today of 54 (leaving out Devil and Howard).  It has not yet been a full year, so we will have 55-56 4*'s by the time one year passes.
3.  Assume a 7 day event about every 6 weeks.  In one year, with about even distribution, everyone (current characters) would get 1 cover.  36 would get two (putting together repeats and 7 days, with 2 covers rewarded).  But, of course, more characters will be added and dilution will continue.  And, the essentials are not rotated evenly.  Many "vintage" characters have not been featured in some time.  And less vintages will be featured as new ones are added (noobs all get 2 featured events, minimum, in the year following release.)  Regardless, 1-2 covers will not get you very far.
4.  The developers feel it is OK to give out a 4* cover to the top 100 players for new releases (I assume because they want to sell roster slots, and to keep everyone playing/working toward something).  At this point, many "vintage" 4's are new for many rosters out there.  So expanding the rewards in some way seems to be fair while keeping players more engaged, and using resources.

I acknowledge and recognize that there are other cover sources, and CP is being rewarded at higher rates, but specific covers are a very nice carrot.

I do not profess to know the best way for developers to expand rewards (more event tokens? more progression covers? expanding 4* to top 20 or 50?), but it seems high time.  I hope that this is actually already in the mix for developers in the near future, but had this thought today, and wanted to put it out there.

Comments

• GuiPerdigao
    GuiPerdigao Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Having more covers for playcement rewards would be good and a lot easier to build a certain character.
    I think having more tokens rewarded would be fine already. We would still have chance to get better stuff but there would be some RNG involved.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Or even the so expected mission on DDQ that rewards a specific 4* cover (as they did with 3*s when they were 30+). Even if it was not daily as 3*s, it would be a great help!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I still can't believe that top 100 in scl 8 pvp only gives you 2* covers! Not even a 3* cover. I mean, come on!! Do you know how hard it is just to get to top 100 in scl 8, s4?? Sure, I could get a higher placement in a different shard, but then I generally wouldn't get as much progression and hit that sweet 900 or 1200 points of my dreams.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    I still can't believe that top 100 in scl 8 pvp only gives you 2* covers! Not even a 3* cover. I mean, come on!! Do you know how hard it is just to get to top 100 in scl 8, s4?? Sure, I could get a higher placement in a different shard, but then I generally wouldn't get as much progression and hit that sweet 900 or 1200 points of my dreams.

You have champed 5s.
    You can hit 900 in 45 minutes in s1, 3 and 4, any time you want.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Bowgentle The challenge is not getting to 900. The challenge is finding an actual 45 minutes to play, plus the additional few hops to try to get to 1200.

But anyway it used to be top 100 gave us a 3*, and they took that away!!! The scl 8 rewards for pvp aren't really that different from how pvp rewards were before scl was introduced, in terms of covers and cp given (other than it being 10 cp and 15 cp, instead of 25 cp at the top).
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daily deadpool for 4 stars, at 50+ fours it is more than time.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Considering the huge difference between enemy level in SCL 7 and 8 and almost non-existing loot difference (seriously, am i the only one who instantly choses level 7 PvE?) i really think SCL 8 should get some decent loot boost. One more as progress reward 4* could be a good first step, but i am afraid it wont be enough (am i too greedy, or SCL 8 is simply not for me yet? :D )
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny said:
    Considering the huge difference between enemy level in SCL 7 and 8 and almost non-existing loot difference (seriously, am i the only one who instantly choses level 7 PvE?) i really think SCL 8 should get some decent loot boost. One more as progress reward 4* could be a good first step, but i am afraid it wont be enough (am i too greedy, or SCL 8 is simply not for me yet? :D )
    CL8 needs to reward a 4* for top 20 placement. They should also rework progression rewards so 4 clears is max progression but doing 5 and 6 clears would be bonus progression. 5 clears gets an event token and iso. 6 clears gets hp and an extra 4*, or a 3* at a lower CL.