Yet another 4* champ choice

abominatrix
abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
I usually have a pretty good plan (and pretty good planning) that keeps me from having two characters with covers on the vine, but a lucky pull on a heroic leaves me in a quandary. 

Venom or Xforce Wolverine? Both are fully covered, I have one cover of each in the queue, and I probably won't get the ISO to champ both. 

This one might be obvious (Venom's rework and synergy with Medusa), but are there other thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    I don't have xfw champed, so I can't comment on that. But I just champed 4Venom yesterday (literally) and I quite like him so far.

4Venom works very well with Medusa. I run him 5/5/3 and keep punching for 4k for 7 green ap while having medusa produces green, along with blue and purple, ap for him.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFW does have a fun interaction with XF Deadpool, if you have him champed already. Otherwise, they're pretty even (similar ability spread, even) and I might give the edge to Venom just because of his hit points. He has lots, XFW has nearly none.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFW is my highest level character and I never use him.
  • abominatrix
    Thanks everybody; I have a couple of days to make a decision, but it seems like Venom is the way to go for now.

As for XF-Deadpool, he's at 12 covers; I just know the next time this happens I'll have to choose between them :(

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    XFDP first before XF wolvie, easy.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like XFW yellow and black powers, if they would ever fix his green and give him even  a slight health boost he could be really good again but yeah, Venom is probably the way to go
  • amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    C) None of the above.  Save for a better character.
  • abominatrix
    What can I say? I'm a completionist at heart. And, the more 4* champs I have, the better off I am each week! And let's face it, Venom was my 28th champ, the only top-tier characters I don't have champed are due to cover problems; when I get the covers, I'll champ rhulk, bobby. and whatever other characters might be considered top-tier that I don't have champed. I certainly have most of them as-is.

I can't say I've regretted it. Yet another character that pairs well with Medusa, he's fun to play since his re-work, and I find uses for him even when not boosted, which is more than I can say for some of my 4* champs. Of course, I generally find ways to use fun-to-play champs; heck, I still use Beast in DDQ every day...