process order question Strikes, attacks and protects

Tintaiwan
Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
I have been trying to figure out things on interaction on Strikes, attacks and protects.  And also what gets done first.  (really looking for confirmation of what I think I am seeing)

question #1
Attack tiles are boosted by strike tiles, right?

Strike tiles add on to the total damage of match, not each individual tiles value right?

if your attack removes an enemy protect tile, they still get the protection of that tile for that attack?

I know someone did the math out there...

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are correct on all three.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    On #3.
    If you make two simultaneous matches (that match away the protect) the protect tile still... well... protects.
    If there is a cascade though it will do the proper cascade damage. Reduced damage since it was from the cascade, but unaffected by the protect tile
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    #3 applies to Strikes, too. If you match away one of your own Strikes, it will still add to the damage for that match.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    One that I wondered about is: does the damage add-on from strike tiles decay with a cascade in the same way that tile damage values do? I assume not but it would be good if someone could provide a definitive answer.   
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    AXP_isme said:
    One that I wondered about is: does the damage add-on from strike tiles decay with a cascade in the same way that tile damage values do? I assume not but it would be good if someone could provide a definitive answer.   
    It does not decay, which is why strikes are so powerful.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    great responses guys! thanks.  I did not know about decay.... :(