Elektra or Carnage, who is the next champ?

Options
LambadaDave
LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
I have almost all of my 4 stars champed, EXCEPT for a few stragglers.  I'm picking them off one by one, but next up is one of these two.  I have 2 weeks, so I may try for both, ISO willing.  

If you had to pick just one, though...  who would you choose?

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You have more champs than I do, so I might not be the right guy. The choice is between Carnage, who pairs well with Medusa. Mr.F and maybe a couple of others vs. Elektra, who had a good revamp and is a reasonable generator once she gets going, but I don't have much luck with her.

I'd choose Carnage, but then he's my current BH so I might be biased :)

In case it matters I have 27 4* champs; most of the newer ones and a smattering of older ones (IMHB, Prof X, Fury, Cyclops, etc.). 
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I would do Carnage without a doubt. For me, he pairs so well with Medusa, that I seldom run one without the other.

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Definitely Carnage.  If you have a champed Mr. Fantastic and Medusa then you have the best scare tactic 4* Sim team possible.

• LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!  I'll go with Carnage next!
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Maybe a little too late. I'll be the odd one out here.

I vote for Elektra.

I champed Elektra a month ago and I think she is more fun to play than what I thought and what people seem to give her credit for. I like running her a lot honestly. On the other hand, I champed Carnage a week ago. While he is great with Medusa/Mr.F, he seems to be a one-trick-pony to me.

If you want to drop Carnage + Medusa/Mr.F out for defense in SIM, I think Carnage is a better choice. But if you are looking for a versatile character to add into your roster, Elektra may be better.

PS: I champed Elektra and Mr .F around the same time and they both surpass my expectation by a lot.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Who do you run with Elektra? As I mentioned above, I've had little luck even after the rework...

Her powers are good by themselves; Purple obviously works well against strike tile layers, and the red/black/purple steal (plus damage) is good, so she works well by herself, but does she really work well with others?

• aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who do you run with Elektra? As I mentioned above, I've had little luck even after the rework...

Her powers are good by themselves; Purple obviously works well against strike tile layers, and the red/black/purple steal (plus damage) is good, so she works well by herself, but does she really work well with others?

Here are the 4* I tried pairing with Elektra and I kind of like the synergy (not in particular order). (I usuallly run her 5/3/5 since she has very low level and won't tank much at the moment.)

4Venom - Underdog team. But 5 colors active. 4Venom's yellow passive also provides tiles for Elektra to steal.
    Kate - black and/or purple outlet. Two colors overlap, but not that bad.
    Coulson - Elektra powers are spam-able, so Coulson loves them.
    Peggy - Stall opponents for Elektra to steal ap.
    Wasp - Double Ap stealers and black outlet.
    4Pun - more strike tiles + black ap stealer.
    Medusa - Elektra makes enemy's tiles for Medusa's yellow passive to make AP.

It's very likely that I overlook some 4*. I'm still trying it out (along with 4Venom, Carnage, WM, and Mr.F who I champed recently.)