Trial of Zeal (8/16/17) - Progression Impossible [Solved]

Options
Brakkis
Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
I don't mean the fights are impossible. I mean the progression meter is the same as it was prior to the shift to this style of the event and it's literally impossible to reach full progression at 15 possible points per node. That's a maximum of 135 points, with a 750 point progression bar...

Seems D3 forgot to change some things before the event hit.

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just out of curiosity, did you complete the event?

I'm getting 15 points for the first 1.x nodes.  I feel like the 2.x and 3.x nodes will award more points accordingly, but I'm at work and don't have time to sludge through the entire event.

• Dologan
    Dologan Posts: 145 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hah! "Whoops!", said a sloppy D3/Hibernum developer.

This probably belongs in the Bug Reports section, though.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah i went through the whole thing for s's and g's, and I only got 135 points. I completed all objectives as well. 
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Steeme said:

Just out of curiosity, did you complete the event?

I'm getting 15 points for the first 1.x nodes.  I feel like the 2.x and 3.x nodes will award more points accordingly, but I'm at work and don't have time to sludge through the entire event.

I did indeed complete the event already. Unfortunately, it remains at 15 possible points per node the entire way through.

Even were it to have increased to 25 per node in 2.x, 40 per node in 3.1 & 3.2, and 60 for 3.3, it still would have only come out to 260 possible points; still far shy of the needed 750.

• Steeme
    Options

^^^ That feel when you're 5 points short of a Basic Booster.

I find it quite amusing that this event was published without anyone from D3H actually looking at the final release.

• UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So, you mean they look at the other events, @Steeme? I always thought they just coded away and let the thing run so that we can find the bugs and do their job for them. The events in the past have been severely cripple. Remember Gideon lvl1? I did like that error though since I had just started playing and could beat a "boss".
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was just about to post this.  Needs a quick fix @brigby. Preferably one that will compensate those that already completed 
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would guess that they just cancel the event when they discover the problem and then restart it.
    So noone loose any progress but those who have maxed out already will get more rewards.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well at least there is no worry about letting the charges fill up, right? Maybe the Devs actually listened.
  • Amadeus
    Amadeus Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    so typical at this point

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That one guy said:

This is understandable. This is a complex game with a lot of moving parts, and we have to expect a few bugs to slip through every so often. It'll be fixed soon. It's free to play, so what are you complaining about?

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I personally feel very stupid.  I saw the ToZ challenge and the rewards which were really generous!  30 jewels for a PvE weekday event!  Lots of crystals and several packs!  Woot.  I said to my self, "You know self, D3 is really listening to our gripes about stinginess and rewarded us with some better prizes.  They have finally turned the corner!" 

But of course D3's razor applies and a total lack of quality control or effort was the answer.

My only question to the community is... if you made mistakes on virtually every piece of new content you developed and released, how long would you keep your job?  It is frankly unbelievable. 

I feel like D3 is run at some frat house.  Oh god, Steve screwed up again.  How many times in a row can he do this before we need to let him go?" "Wait... you can't fire 'Shotgun Steve'... he can knock back a Natural Ice in 1.2 seconds flat!  Anyway, wasn't 'The Moose" supposed to be doing quality control this weekend?  Oh, he is passed out in the backyard again.. oh well, who wants FIREBALL SHOTS?"

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shteev said:
    That one guy said:

This is understandable. This is a complex game with a lot of moving parts, and we have to expect a few bugs to slip through every so often. It'll be fixed soon. It's free to play, so what are you complaining about?

I personally like that we have finally brought Steeme to the dark side. =)

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Steeme said:

^^^ That feel when you're 5 points short of a Basic Booster.

I find it quite amusing that this event was published without anyone from D3H actually looking at the final release.

Are you suggesting there is actually someone who looks at things before they are getting published? :worried:
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Further proof that none of the devs actually play the game.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was just about to post this.  Needs a quick fix @brigby. Preferably one that will compensate those that already completed 

Yes, I agree. A compensation consisting of that final 3 card pack. no more, no less. To ask for more is silly and deserving to be ignored by D3. my two cents
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We are aware of this issue, and have decided to cancel the Trial of Zeal event. Instead, Fateful Showdown will be run in its place. In addition, we will be sending out compensation to everyone for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience and understanding
  • Steeme
    Options
    Further proof that none of the devs actually play the game.

I'm sure the game works perfectly in their Dev area with their favorite test accounts.

Are you suggesting there is actually someone who looks at things before they are getting published? :worried:

The summer co-op student always reviews the candidate build.

babar3355 said:
    I personally like that we have finally brought Steeme to the dark side. =)

It's "Steeme with eyes open".
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for the 100 gems.  Sigh 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the 100 gems.  Sigh 

you got a 100 gems? I got a 1000 runes. lol