300 Vault Token's Here we go

Options
Dribbler
Dribbler Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
Alright, I have saved up 302 Taco Vault: Savory Tokens. 
(Sweet is sitting at 296)
(for those interested Shield lvl = 74 - Resupply day = 1386)

I probably could have started saving up for this along time ago, but I only decided to try a few months ago.

My objective, Pull the Top 4 Tokens 

Legendary Token
Mordo Blue
Nick Fury - Blue
1000 Hero Points.

I'm Looking for 4/300 So I have a 1.3% chance of Pulling 1 of them. 

Here we go: 

Legendary Token at 41 pulls in.  (got an Agent Venom Black BTW)
 3 out of 259 Odds are about the same 1.2% Chance

Nick Fury 52 Pulls Later. He is now 5/5/2
 2/207 to go, or 1% Chance.

Mordo  45 Pulls After that. He is now 2/2/0
1/162 to go, or .6%

Took me 138 Pulls to grab 3/300 Easy Got over half my pulls left.

1000 HP got! - with 53 left

And I'm now shield rank 75.....

52 left,
Need 248, at 15 every 10 days  .... So in about 5.5 months, It will be full enough to try again.

But I will hit my 300 Sweet tokens next week, we can do this again and compare stats.
Until then
TTFN

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Congratulations on saving some taco tokens for the next hoard.  How many health packs are you now sitting on?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would have stopped at 138 with the top 3 tokens left and 164 (or halfway for the next hoard pull), but still a good result!
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For me, health packs are my top prize. I always stop when I get 5 packs. 
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would recommend setting a limit next time. Like divide it into 4 batches of 75. If you get X or your 4 targets before you've drawn X*75 tokens, then you've had good luck and you should stop so you can do a big pull again sooner.

Obviously you would tweak this depending on your specific preferences and what's in the vault (like if you really wanted that fury cover more than anything else, then just draw till you get it), but you would really improve your flow of things you want by using some sort of system. 

I just noticed that the odds you mention really illustrate the point. After your early good luck you were pulling with worse and worse odds for getting what you wanted. 
  • Dribbler
    Options
    Congratulations on saving some taco tokens for the next hoard.  How many health packs are you now sitting on?
    225, but I had about 60 or so to start with.
  • Dribbler
    Options
    Daiches said:
    I would have stopped at 138 with the top 3 tokens left and 164 (or halfway for the next hoard pull), but still a good result!
    Yeah, I really should have. I was too tunnel visioned. When I was done, I noticed I had like 3000 more HP... so that last 1000 was totally pointless and I would have a lot more pulls left :pensive:
  • Equalizer48
    Equalizer48 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am in the process of trying this myself. 5.5 months? Not sure if I am that patient though. I'm only at 15 for each right now. Wouldn't mind having a surplus of health packs. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 300 in both vaults and if the gods are good can draw from punisher today, I'm just not sure if I will empty the lot as a one off never to be done again or draw until I have the top 3. It's been hinted at that the vaults are being changed so tempted to ditch the lot in one.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    It's been hinted at that the vaults are being changed so tempted to ditch the lot in one.
    Heard that in June and pulled all my tacos since. Been waiting for months and pulling the 3 tacos everyday
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pull until I get the LT or a 4*. Then I'll wait for it to reset. Hopefully they give us some heads up before they make any major change to the taco token system.

• Tony_Foot
    edited August 2017
    Options
    You had better luck than me over 150 pulls before I even got someone on the first page and my targeted punisher, well...

Cant get the pic to load will edit later on pc 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've tried this a number of times, but never succeeded.  Highest I've ever been is about 150.  Right Now I'm at 120|18.  I'm finding more luck by only working on getting one to 300 and if I feel I really want/need health pack or ISO, or just to open covers I can open from one side while not killing the other.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    Call me lucky. 296 pulls to get the one I wanted...

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ouch...
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    It took me 252 pulls to clear the first column a couple weeks ago. Didn't even get the 1000 hp. Pretty bad odds, but my other vault is getting pretty close, so I'll be able to try again soon.