Cash in Taco Tokens for Mordo and C&D?

Options
sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
I've got 315 Savory Taco tokens right now.  The two 4-stars in the vault are Mordo (I have at LVL 279, so it will give me Legendary Token #74 to add to the hoard) and Cloak and Dagger Yellow, which would put my C&D at 4/4/4 but woefully underleveled.  On the bright side, 4/4/4 means that any cover I get will allow me to champ them.

Question for the forum dwellers - Is it worth burning through all of the tokens to try and get those two 4-star covers?  Next time this vault is active, I believe, is Bl4de, who I have at LVL 284 (my third highest 4-star).

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pull, you'll have a good set on C&D and an extra 2 LTs (most likely). But I pull as I get, never understood hoarding tacos...... Seems like losing out on resources you'll use, be it 2* farm, hero  points, iso, even health packs..... 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Congrats,  Ultimately this question is really about "How important is Mordo and Cloak and Dagger to your roster"?  

I'd pull now for these reasons.

Your basically pulling to get 3 covers.  the LT, and the 2 4*.

in Option 1: you will get:
    2LT
    Mordo
    Clagger (4,4,4)

Option 2:
    1LT, 2500iso
    Blade
    ???? 4*
    =======================
    Blade vs Mordo is a toss up that depends more on who you run with them, but 284 vs 280 is not a big enough difference maker to choose one over the other.

A 4/4/4 cloak and dagger will ALWAYS be more useful than a random 4* cover than may or may not be even usable.

2LT vs 1LT, 2500iso is a nobrainer

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I would actually say... Save for "vaulted".
    Mordo is already champed and still with increased odds from classic tokens. Cloak n dagger are in a sweet spot cover wise and with increased odds.
    Wait for a vault with old 4* that have weird cover distribution like 1/5/5 or something.
    At least... That's what I do
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Phumade - I generally use Blade a lot more than Mordo, but that was pre-rework. I've been using Mordo quite a bit now, especially against teams that don't have an active color user for each color. Blade gets a lot of work in the Simulator, as part of the "If you can't beat them, join them!" team of Medusa/C4rol/Bl4de.

Skrofa - I have been waiting for two four-stars that I could use, which is how I've ended up with 300+ tokens.  I've got some 4-stars that have 5 covers in one or two colors, and inevitably that is what shows up in the vault.  There are also ones like Invisible Woman, Kingpin and other ones that I don't really feel like I need another champ level for.  Last time I used a lot of tokens to get a specific cover from a vault, I spent 240 tokens trying get Flaptain's red when he was 5/5/1.  It didn't work.

Right now, I'm spending the tokens above and beyond the 300 I have saved, to see if I get lucky and pull one of the four stars.  So far I haven't, but I did get the 10,000 ISO, which was very nice...and plays right into Milk Jugz comment of pulling the tokens as you get.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I save my tokens in the event I need healthpacks. Which means I'm never near 300 but never spend them all either (currently at 69 and 122)
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Since this is the last day of the Vault, I started to claim the tokens. I pulled two Sentry covers and three Human Torch covers before getting the Cloak and Dagger cover with Pull #44. As Skrofa pointed out, Mordo is still in the "Bonus chance" so I stopped pulling. I've got 286 tokens left for the next time I've got two four stars that I need. No health packs from the Vault, so I'm still at 50 there.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well if anything you have C&D in the sweetest of sweet spots and most of your tokens left. Congrats!!