Hit 900+ in Bullseye

Beer40
Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the PVP discussions in the last couple months.

Next, I want to specifically thank the OGs who said, "it can be done, coordination or not".

Next, I want to thank all the OG gets that said, "here is how".

Finally, if like to say a lot of advice was good. Some was bad. I sorted thru it all. And above all, DISCUSSED.

I'm not connected. But if you read the Forums, take the advice, and also definitely have some lucky breaks, you can reach higher goals than you expect.

Thanks all! Hope you all have a great weekend! 

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Congrats!  What does your roster look like?
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats beer!  It is definitely possible for any 4* roster.  With some good luck and solid shield habits it is possible for a 3* roster too.  

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats!!! Is that your first 900+?
  • Beer40
    Yep, it was my first 900. Roster is: everyone but 5* Hawkeye and Yondu. 5* are all severely undercovered/barely useful. 54 4*, 21 of which are championed, 8 between levels 145-188, 8 between levels 141-100, and 17 between levels 87-70.  44/54 with 9 covers or more. 44 3* champions.  14 at level 220+, 18 between levels 214-200, and 12 between levels 199-177. 2* farm and 1*s.

Shields were definitely key. When I start a PVP I usually climb to 575 and am top 10 in my bracket. I wasn't letting enough points get into the bracket and I'd be getting hit while the points built up. So I played slower, hovered around 20s, and used a couple shields, 1 around 700 something and then shielded at 900 again, to see how placement would be. I also had 271 Cyclops and 280 Medusa boosted, which I think is why I made it lol
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats!

I think your roster is strong enough to hit 900 regularly. Shield definitely helps. The next tips, just in case people haven't mentioned to you yet, is tweaking your timing. You are almost there from what I read, but try new things. They may make things easier. Try pushing for 700/900 sooner or later and see the different (of course, avoid the last 3 hours.) Or instead try floating (unshileded) at lower pts instead of shielding at 700, etc.

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you can burn two 3 hr shields and are in a t100 alliance you'll come out cp neutral. 

3hr & 8hr shields need to place in pve for ftp cp.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Typically, if you have two boosted 4-stars you can hit 900 without shields just by doing two sprints. If you have 21 champed 4-stars, I think you'll be hitting 900 about as often as you'd like to. I play slice 1, which has middle of the road points typically, and don't have a problem hitting 900 shieldless with the following methods:

• Join early, climb to 300 or so typically for the first token not too long after it opens
    • Climb to 575 or 650 the next day, remain unshielded
    • You'll typically fall to 500 or 550 depending on how early you climbed, you can do a few matches in between your climbs just to see where the MMR at your point level is
    • Around 16 hours left in the event or so, I typically do a big push from 550 to 900, if it's a grueling boost list or 3-star essential I may require a 3 hour shield right before my last fight to 900 but by waiting this long you shouldn't have to fight too many absurd teams. I haven't required a shield before 900 in months, though. 
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Strange how big differences there can be in the pvp experience, even with similar rosters. For sure it is more complicated than saying because I did it so can you. How much do you get attacked after 700 points, and is it from someone who you are able to retaliate on? (For example I very very frequently get attacks, after 700 points, from an alliance where every player have championed most of their 5*s whereas I've yet to fully cover a 5*)  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, 21 champs (and others that are high level) should be 900 every time for you.  I have 26 champs and the rest are either level 70 or 140 so I only use them for crash. I used to not use shields until I realized that a few of even the most expensive shields is a much better deal than buying out a small vault or buying a HFH cover 
  • Beer40
    Kjempen said:
    Strange how big differences there can be in the pvp experience, even with similar rosters. For sure it is more complicated than saying because I did it so can you. How much do you get attacked after 700 points, and is it from someone who you are able to retaliate on? (For example I very very frequently get attacks, after 700 points, from an alliance where every player have championed most of their 5*s whereas I've yet to fully cover a 5*)  
    I don't remember exactly, but it seemed like several times. Of course, I was shielded, so I didn't lose any points. I think I got hit once or twice, unshielded, between 700-900 which slowed me down and made me wonder if I'd make it. Then I shielded once I went over 900 and I started getting pelted immediately  :D I must have opened up to the bigger fish by then because the same player nailed me 3 times before I could even cash in my event token  :D (having what I remember as a level 400+ Bullseye and two 457 5* probably made it easy to do that though!). 
  • Maceo511
    Maceo511 Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Kjempen said:
    I think slice choice has a major influence in PVP experience as well.  You may have been in a not so friendly slice.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards

Beer40 said:
    Kjempen said:
    I don't remember exactly, but it seemed like several times. Of course, I was shielded, so I didn't lose any points. I think I got hit once or twice, unshielded, between 700-900 which slowed me down and made me wonder if I'd make it. Then I shielded once I went over 900 and I started getting pelted immediately  :D I must have opened up to the bigger fish by then because the same player nailed me 3 times before I could even cash in my event token  :D (having what I remember as a level 400+ Bullseye and two 457 5* probably made it easy to do that though!). 
    As soon as I stick my head above 900 the hits usually start coming in too. I try to shield ASAP, once I'm over. Definitely throws you into the big pond...... Lots of big fish up there.....
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice, yo.