What is the optimal clear pattern for the 24 hour wait each clear x6 nodes

Options
broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
Not sure if that wording makes sense, but a lot of subs starts with a yellow node that refreshes it points 24 hours after each clear instead of not starting that till the 4th clear.  I don't typically do optimal clears, but on the rare occasion I do I don't know how to handle these.

Do people hit them once and then 2 or 3 times at the end and then leave them once they hit 0?
Do people hit them, then hit them every x number of hours?

I don't know and I'm curious what others are doing.

Playing non-optimal I'm usually more worried about the XP than the points and I end up doing some 0 point clears, which always frustrates me.

Comments

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If it's going to expire in less than 24 hours, let it refill after the 1st clear until it's almost full again and then hit it 3 more times right before the end of the sub.

If it's going to expire in 3 days, let it refresh, hit it again in 24 hours, let it refresh, and then do 3 more clears right before it expires on the last day.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't worry about 6 clears on those yellow nodes.  If you're playing optimally, then the 5th and 6th clears of the yellow node are worth 0 points, and ain't nobody got time fo dat.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's kinda what I figured.  @Brigby is there a strong reason why this node is setup this way?  It seems really silly.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I enjoy only needing to do that node a couple times since the essential characters rarely synergize well with each other.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad you asked this because I was curious myself. What I've done in the past is do the first clear, clear the rest of the sub, and then hit the loaner node one more time after. Then I'll do 1-2 more clears at the very end of the sub.

But of course, reading the posts above, I've not been optimal - often the case with me. This forum really is valuable sometimes.  :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a 24-hour Sub, optimal scoring is one clear at the start, and then three at the end. Basically, treat it the same as any other Node, except as if the first three clears have already been done before you got there.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If it's a pain in the Daken then I'll just do four clears (initial plus the three optimal clears at the end) on one of those. Or if I have a comfortable lead and don't need to grind any other nodes then I'll hit it two more times for the xp. But if you're not playing for placement then I'd do it six times and get it out of the way to get the xp.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wish they would release something that showed the optimal amount of points you can earn  per node in each event. That way I know if I'm getting beaten by a zombie tapper or someone who played the node optimally.

I also came to terms that I will never hit top ten no matter how optimally I try to play.