Story mode objectives

Options
Gormhaus
Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
Finally slogging through story mode. Too many matches with "win with < hp5".  Im laughing and crying every time.

Comments

• ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Start the fight, quit the fight, re-start the fight at ~9 health and proceed to steamroll the opponent while finding a way to either hurt yourself or allow the AI to only hit you for whatever small amount needed to get below 5. The beauty is, you can do this infinitely without ever using potions, just quit the match if you are about to lose and your planeswalker is reset to that same number again.
  • Gormhaus
    Gormhaus Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes. Been using Ob Nixilis just that way!
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    imo, the most difficult obj with win with <5hp is valakut in OGW .......playing with tear....
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's a heck of a lot easier than in the beginning with a handful of PW's and only Origins to solve the puzzles...  The original Storylines are a breeze these days!!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fiirst said:
    imo, the most difficult obj with win with <5hp is valakut in OGW .......playing with tear....
    Maybe before Amonkhet, but now we can disable him the second he comes out of your hand. 
  • fiirst
    fiirst Posts: 438 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bken1234 said:
    fiirst said:
    Maybe before Amonkhet, but now we can disable him the second he comes out of your hand. 
    Long live aj1!!
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What we really need is more story mode adapted to new sets.  I'm done and can't get any more credits that way until something new comes along 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It would be nice to port some of the old PvE such as Avacyn's madness to story mode chapters.  Might as well use the existing assets, IMO.  This has been mentioned before.  It should fit easily into the story mode format template without much change except to adjust the objectives to give story rewards/change win to the 5 color clears.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I am still not sure why they don't do story mode stuff anymore, I find the deckbuilding challenges of those small casual fights so much more entertaining than most events. Story mode was how I got my crystals and runes to pump my PWs up so I could actually compete in the events, so I have a lot of love for it. Plus this is a potentially massive content dump that has very little chance of being buggy, could be a source of more crystals and, possibly more importantly, runes while making what is honestly a grind feel like progression. There are a lot of arguments for more story mode and I think it would be interesting to hear why the devs haven't been keeping up with it.