What a lost account costs me.

Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
I am in goblinpile.I will lose out on the 50% trial of the planes which is equal to 5 packs of hour of devastation and 100 purple jewels. The loss of 2 coalition event rewards which means the loss of 2 rares and at least another  100 to 300 purple jewels and crystals. What I'll get for compensation is jack squat because D3 isn't in the business of making anyone happy but themselves. I'm surprised they don' t charge us money to restore our accounts stating it's our fault for not linking to Facebook. The fact is not everyone loves Facebook and I'm not about to open an account for a game. D3 should seriously think of a better way to do this. Another thing is when I am in the App and I want to open a support ticket all of my information is stored in the app it should auto fill  My screen name, UID, and whatever else it needs to do so your customers aren't plagued with auto responses that say resend all of the stuff you already sent us. This is a tremendous waste of everyone's time.

Comments

• Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Majority of ppl aren't in goblin pile. So you are probably 1 of 15 ppl that are losing out oppose to the few hundred that the gift benifits. I guess you should be happy your a top tier player on a top tier team and the only thing you really are losing in the end are more dupes and some gold
  • Gideon
    I am happy that I'm in GP they are a great bunch of guys and gals. But it doesn't matter what coalition you're in. When D3 can't properly push an update after well over a year of this game without having people lose their accounts then it's everyone's problem.Today it was me and a bunch of others, next update it could be you. If they can't solve a simple problem like lost accounts when they update do you really think they know what their doing? Someone should be held accountable and I know they won't be . I didn't just lose dupes and gold I lost play time which in turn affects my coalition. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dedicated enough to the game to sign up for forums.

Not dedicated enough to sign up a dummy account on Facebook. 

It's a really really fine line. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    A dummy Facebook account isn't as easy as it sounds. I hade to create one for my alt account and basically had to create a fake human with a fake ID just to keep it after a month. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weird. 

Mine never asked for verification. 
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    I have a 'Gaming' account for Email and FB...  It's a throw away... not hard to setup...  I'd have to agree with Ohboy and say that as much time spent with GP I would think you would have this covered.  
  • mournfen
    mournfen Posts: 89 Match Maker
    How are players even arguing or disputing the sentiment of the OP. I have read the agreement and pretty sure that in no place does it say required FB account. If an account gets lost it is up to D3  to fix it, not the players fault for not wanting to be on FB. No surprise that the catalyst for the nay-saying is a usual culprit.
  • Gotcha617
    Gotcha617 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Gideon said:
    I am happy that I'm in GP they are a great bunch of guys and gals. But it doesn't matter what coalition you're in. When D3 can't properly push an update after well over a year of this game without having people lose their accounts then it's everyone's problem.Today it was me and a bunch of others, next update it could be you. If they can't solve a simple problem like lost accounts when they update do you really think they know what their doing? Someone should be held accountable and I know they won't be . I didn't just lose dupes and gold I lost play time which in turn affects my coalition. 
    I'm not saying what happened to you was right. I would be pissed as well. We lost someone in our top 10 coalition and it hurt. They are back now as well. I'm not arguing d3 is the greatest developer ever and it's like finding a unicorn that they **** up. That is furthestest thing from the truth. But I'm saying is the reimbursement you received when totaled with the amount they had to give out seems like the reasonable and fair response. 
  • Gideon
    edited August 2017
    I haven't received anything yet. I don't respond to OhBoy ever. He is the main reason threads get closed.

//Removed Insult -Brigby
  • DaddyO
    DaddyO Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Four days ago my account was wiped. Yesterday they emailed me to tell me I had been restored- nope. I don't know anything about the expected or appropriate compensation but I am frustrated. I don't link to FB because I am a professional and what I do in my spare time is my business that I choose not to advertise. I really don't use FB but I remember being very annoyed with the posts about people's achievements in their video games. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    hawkyh1 said:
    Ohboy said:
    Dedicated enough to the game to sign up for forums.

Not dedicated enough to sign up a dummy account on Facebook. 

It's a really really fine line. 

if they allowed player accounts to be linked to
    accounts on the forums it would not be an issue.

HH
    It would really make more sense that way, would encourage forum activity and let more players with more opinions express themselves to the developers. Polls might better represent the overall veiws of the player base. I wonder if @Brigby could put that idea forward for those who don't use Facebook.
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    That's an awesome idea @hawkyh1
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    A number of sites let you choose between FB, Google, and Yahoo.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Well that's certainly an interesting idea, @hawkyh1. I'm not sure how technically possible that is, but I'll be sure to pass that suggestion along to the development team! Thanks for the feedback!