Old Players vs New Players

Options
Michaelcles
Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
The lifeblood of this or any game is the ability to attract and retain new players.  This game is part of a business after all, and you want customers.

I've only been playing for about 200 days (and paid $200 USD for HP) but I no longer recommend this game for new players.  There is too high a bar set to reach those that have been playing 3+ years, and it is no fun getting pounded by them or seeing them earn top placements in levels they have no business being in.

For the long term health of MPQ, please do something about this.  For example, have a maximum allowed shield rank in addition to the minimum that already exists.

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shield levels though do not indicate how strong your roster is, a 2 star farm can push your levels up quite high without a single 4 star champ.

Some other method would be better.
  • Michaelcles
    Options
    Was not aware of that, then some other method would be better.
  • Michaelcles
    Options
    Bump.

I was able to top 50 SCL 7, but now that you added a 5* node I will end up in the top 150.

Once again, new players are getting screwed simply because they haven't been playing for 3+ years.

Want to have a 5* node?  Fine.  Don't make it count for placement.  It already doesn't figure into progression.  Or only have it in SCL 9.

• Michaelcles
    Options
    Current Shield Training in PVE that requires specific characters be a certain level?

BOO!!!

If you have the character, you should be able to play it.  The characters that are required haven’t even been featured in forever.  And all 3 are needed!

So there are what, over 50 4*s now?  The odds of getting one cover on one of those characters is less than 2%.

Even if you required a team of any three players to all be over a certain level, it would have been better.

Once again, the old players get the goodies while the newer players are shut out.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have been gone from the game over a year.  Gave you another try today.  I was having a blast.  Played over 3-4 hours.  In shield training, needed level 209 cyclops.  You almost had me fooled.  Thought you had actually finally learned to listen to your playerbase and stop trolling them. Glad I found out now before I got even more invested.
  • resistor001
    resistor001 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat as TheOncomingStorm. The only difference is that I've been obtaining the resupply and a Taco Vault Token everyday. Just not playing anything else for nearly 3 years. I've realised that I have a half decent roster now and am starting to 'push it' a little - get slightly serious.
    I'm still learning things, didn't know how to champ for over a year after it was available and wasted quite a few *4 covers but I digress.
    I believe whom one plays against should be based on roster ability and it matters not how long one has been playing the game. One learns by playing - experience makes a person better.
    It sounds like you're doing really well Michaelcles - only 200 days and your getting 150 in SCL7. I've got a pretty good roster but often find myself not being able to do nodes because I don't have a particular character or it's level is dismal. I am enjoying striving to get them though and these events always come back around. Maybe next time I'll be able to compete better.