Lost Accounts After 2.2.1 (8/8/17) [Fixed in 2.2.2]

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We understand the new 2.2.1 update created some additional lost iOS accounts and the team is currently investigating the issue.  We deeply apologize to those that were effected. 

If you have lost your account and was brought to the tutorial, this has created a new account. Please send a Customer Support ticket with your current User ID and the username of the lost account. 

Please note, our customer support team are currently assisting with account restores as quickly as they can and are responding to these in the order they come in.  We apologize for any delays in our response.  To help speed up the process of your account restore, it would be helpful to provide the information below in your ticket if available.

- Please provide a Screenshot of your current account Username and UID Number (PNG or JPEG only). Please Note: This will be the account overwritten during the account restore process. 
- Please provide the account Username for the account you wish to be restored. This was the Username that you registered with at the beginning of the game. 
- Please provide unique details from your previous account. (Purchases, Rare Cards, Unlocked Planeswalkers, etc.). 
- Did you play the game as a Guest Account or had you used the Facebook Backup Save Feature before losing the account? 
- Could you please tell us the Make, Model, and OS Version of all devices that you are using to run this application?
- Could you please tell us the if you had to update your device OS right before the update of the application since the minimum is now OS 9 to run the game.
- Please confirm that you will lose the progress on the new account once we have restored your lost account.

Thank you.

Comments

• VikingSwede
    VikingSwede Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

Account is lost and Customer Support is contacted, i provided all the information requested.

Get a more or less standarised mail telling me that i should provide all kinds of information again, things that i already have provided?

That makes me nervous.

I really hope that you are able to fully restore all lost accounts and that you can make a more permanent fix to the "update-crashes" that have occured lately.

Thank you for a great game.

• MarsDeon
    MarsDeon Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    @Brigby why do you spend time and write this post if support doesn't read that we all write at support request? I sent all information as I read this urgent message but support person doesn't read it and asking me again. It is very unprofessionally and stupidly.
  • gwnorth
    gwnorth Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    It's been almost 2 full days since my account has been lost. Can we get an update?
  • Brigby
    Hi @MarsDeon.

We are currently training a new Customer Support agent on how to handle tickets, and it appears that one of the tickets they were responding to during this process was yours. As with any new role, there is always a learning curve that needs to be overcome when just starting, so it's possible they were simply unsure yet of which step to take during this response process.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we will be sure to educate them on which action and messaging is appropriate for certain scenarios. Thank you for understanding.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    I've had the exact same experience as VikingSwedeMarsDeon and gwnorth on my paid account.

'Customer Support' takes days to respond and then asks for information I already included in the original report.

It's hard to believe a company is so incompetent.

• gwnorth
    gwnorth Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I'm going on day 3 now without any response. If I hadn't put any money into this game I might be willing to wait this long but I have bought a booster or two. 

Is there a process for getting a refund?
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    gwnorth said:
    I'm going on day 3 now without any response. If I hadn't put any money into this game I might be willing to wait this long but I have bought a booster or two. 

Is there a process for getting a refund?
    Yes.  Apple/Google can reverse charges to a company but they don't like to.  You need a well documented case and/or a high enough spend.  If you you reverse enough charges, you'll be blocked from making additional in game buys from anyone.  If a company has enough charges reversed, they'll be blocked by Apple/Google entirely which generally means bankruptcy for them.

A credit card company can even reverse charges to Apple/Google but they really don't like to.  You would need a very well documented case and/or a very high spend.  It's likely you'll be blocked from charging any in game items.  In theory Apple/Google could eventually be blocked like any other company but in practice they won't.

D3 did eventually restore my account based on purchase history.  Part of the delay is to allow for the possibility of multiple claims.  [edit for clarification follows] Over the years I've had multiple false claims for ownership of my Steam account (under another name) so part of the delay is D3 doing due diligence to make sure they don't give your account to the wrong person simply because they were the first to make a claim.  Since purchases are almost always logged somewhere, they're one of the easiest ways to verify account ownership short of knowing people at the company in real life.

You may be able to tell D3 the exact days you bought stuff based on your old credit card records which are probably available online.

• Brigby
    Hi Everyone. The developers have been working on the 2.2.2 update, and although players that didn't link Facebook will still need to have Customer Support restore their accounts, we've been told this patch will resolve and prevent this specific iOS account issue from occurring again in the future. Thank you for your patience!