Episode 2 of "The Feels When..."

Options
RhysMarkov
RhysMarkov Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
So, the feels when you're playing one of the crystal-cost Trials and, after two turns of the AI putting mana into a card, you realize that it's probably gonna drop Gaea's Revenge and you didn't prepare for that particular 16/9 hexproof/haste PoS. <sigh> lol... at least I called it before it happened. That's something, right?

Comments

• Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

"The Feels When..." they put the Trials on sale for half price but I'm too busy at work to play it.

Guess I'll just have to fork over cash to get Jewels.

PS: Now that we've determined the AI is not prioritizing supports, you should definitely be including some type of disable to break hexproof.  Desert sands is pretty cool.  There's also a new 3-cost cycle spell that disables the first two creatures for a turn.  Combine them both with Swift reckoning.  Might as well throw in Hixus for a party!

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I would use farm/market or better still gideon's
    defeat if available.

HH
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I mean Gaea's Revenge is the worst kept secret in the game.  Let me guess, he also cast Imprisoned in the Moon and Prism Array?
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Hahahaha... i was running Nissa, Cycler of Doom for that node, and only saw GR the one time thankfully. Sadly, I don't have much constant disable in blue beyond Claustrophobia, and decent situational disable is limited to Niblis of Frost and Prism Array.

Managed to only lose that match out of the entirety, which was nice, although there was a sketchy control match where my Dovin and a Jace2 traded an Ulvenwald Hydra back and forth for 3 or 4 turns in a row. Fun times haha
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh, yeah, I usually don't worry too much about GR.. I tend to run Metalworks Collosus and Heart of Kiran in my semi-cycle deck for blue TotP.  My 14 mana MWC is happy to trade with your 24 mana GR =)
  • hawkyh1
    Options
    Hahahaha... i was running Nissa, Cycler of Doom for that node, and only saw GR the one time thankfully. Sadly, I don't have much constant disable in blue beyond Claustrophobia, and decent situational disable is limited to Niblis of Frost and Prism Array.

Managed to only lose that match out of the entirety, which was nice, although there was a sketchy control match where my Dovin and a Jace2 traded an Ulvenwald Hydra back and forth for 3 or 4 turns in a row. Fun times haha

who cast the ulvenwald hydra?

HH
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Lol...  i tend to not sweat MWC or HoK nearly as much as GR. 16 power hexproof is a bit more of an issue on the removal/disable front. 
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    The AI cast the Hydra. Both decks were running Exert, but I also had Confiscation Coup slotted for energy removal, so that's what saved my bacon in the end.
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Steeme said:

"The Feels When..." they put the Trials on sale for half price but I'm too busy at work to play it.

Guess I'll just have to fork over cash to get Jewels.

PS: Now that we've determined the AI is not prioritizing supports, you should definitely be including some type of disable to break hexproof.  Desert sands is pretty cool.  There's also a new 3-cost cycle spell that disables the first two creatures for a turn.  Combine them both with Swift reckoning.  Might as well throw in Hixus for a party!

I generally don't play in the crystal-cost Trials unless they're half cost, as the unobtanium accumulates so slowly (and the drop rates are so wonky) that I'd rather save my crystals for packs or planeswalkers (still waiting for Ob Nix or Tezz2 to come back around). Still, though, I definitely feel your pain on not being able to take advantage of the half-cost period.
  • hawkyh1
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The AI cast the Hydra. Both decks were running Exert, but I also had Confiscation Coup slotted for energy removal, so that's what saved my bacon in the end.
    how did jace2 cast a green only creature?

HH
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Haha... sorry. Confused Jace2 and Nissa3 for some reason.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So, the feels when you're playing one of the crystal-cost Trials and, after two turns of the AI putting mana into a card, you realize that it's probably gonna drop Gaea's Revenge and you didn't prepare for that particular 16/9 hexproof/haste PoS. <sigh> lol... at least I called it before it happened. That's something, right?
    Smart of you to spot it before it actually happened. I hope that's some solace to you :)
  • RhysMarkov
    Options
    Lol... It was about one turn from dropping and it just seemed like the thing that would happen. Cold comfort, knowing that there was nothing in my deck to address the issue.