Update to SHIELD Daily Resupply

Options
broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
The SHIELD daily resupply system needs an all out overhaul.  I rarely find it useful.  So far the only useful thing I've ever gotten from it was last month I got the 13th cover for Thoress. Over the next 200 days there are only 3 rewards I really care about and those are 3 Electra covers (I'm using care about very loosely) and at 64 days away, 94 days away, and 123 days away I'd be shocked if my 1/4/2 will still need all/any of those by the time they come up.

Good things about the system:
  • The ability to plan around upcoming covers.

Bad things about the system:
  • The longer it goes on the more unhelpful the earlier rewards become.
  • The random rewards are all a joke with the possible exception of the 50 HP.

Proposed change:
Update the system to include two of the best features you've added: Shield Rank and Bonus Heroes.

Sheild Rank:
Rather than rewards being dictated by how many days let the rewards tier up with each SR (or every 10-20 SRs).  For example in SR1 the random rewards remain what they are in game now (ST/50 HP/100 ISP/250 ISO/Boosts) and you occasionally get 3* covers and STs.  But in SR 125 the random rewards are more like (LT/250 HP/2000 ISO/5000 ISO/Boosts?) and the specific covers are all 5*s.

Bonus Heroes:
How Bonus Heroes would fit in is rather than giving the same cover to everyone when the specific covers come up it just shows a BH and the first slot highlighted.  When that day comes you get rewarded the cover based on the BH you have selected for the appropriate tier.  So for example if the specific covers came out every 30 days it could look like this:
Day 30 I'm SR 96 first cover is up.  I have Iceman as a BH and SR 96 dictates I get a 4*, so I get Green.
Day 60 I'm SR 102 second cover is up.  I've crossed in 5* cover land with 100 SR.  I have Thano5 as BH.  I get Thano5 Purple
Day 90 I'm SR 107 third cover is up.  I don't need Thano5 green so I change my BH to Spide5 at least a day before.  I get Spide5 red.

I don't think anyone would complain about not getting X reward because this way gives the player the power to choose the reward.  The only way people might complain about missing out is if the system jumps to the next tier before their ready.  But I think that would be a small group.

Comments

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Resupplies are just supposed to be an extra for logging into the game, not something people rely on to progress through the game. The game already shells out 5* covers and Heroic 10-packs in the later resupplies. What else do you want?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ducky said:
     What else do you want?
    Mostly to *not* get Standard Tokens now that I'm reasonably well-established in the Game. The rest are generally at least somewhat useful, but those just feel so disappointing.
  • broll
    Options
    Ducky said:
    Resupplies are just supposed to be an extra for logging into the game, not something people rely on to progress through the game. The game already shells out 5* covers and Heroic 10-packs in the later resupplies. What else do you want?
    You say that but I see 5* players complaining all the time when a 5* they need has the wrong color.  Also based on the dates (obviously I wasn't playing back then) a lot of the covers released around new characters, especially early 4*s.  So I'm not exactly sure how that statement makes sense...

As far as 'what else to you want' how about rewards that matter?  Right now I'm outpacing SHIELD rewards to the point where they almost never matter.  They aren't useless, but it's like someone handing you a penny.  Do you get excited?  While they do matter to people playing the longest.  Without a time machine or a game change they will likely never be useful to me.  I'm just suggesting ways to make them useful for everyone, not just the top 1%.  

Also encouraging new players to join is crucial to keeping a long term game going.  The more things that new players don't find useful the less encouraged to play they will be.  I'm trying to suggest something that make the rewards useful for everyone regardless of level / roster (because it utilizes SR and BH) so it should encourage new players and not discourage vets.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Again, they're supposed to be a nice little bonus. Don't forget, in a full alliance you also get 2000 iso everyday for logging in. 

Do you just want them to hand over rewards for free?!  They have a game economy to balance and the more they give away for free the harder it is for them to get people to buy. 
  • broll
    Options
    They're giving good awards for free for the people most likely to pay (those who have 3+ years invested) and useless rewards to those least likely to buy.  Seems backwards to me if that's the real argument...
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ISO. I just want more ISO. Not more covers, not something that would help me progress if I don't play. Just more ISO. (and some hp)