What new limited-availability character would you like to see?

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
So far we have Howard the Duck, Devil Dinosaur, Bagman, and Yelena who are not available in tokens. Certainly there's room for more in our collections!

What new limited-availability character would you like to see? 70 votes

Irving Forbush
1% 1 vote
Paste Pot Pete
7% 5 votes
Stan 'The Man' Lee
18% 13 votes
Peter Porker the Spectacular Spider-Ham
24% 17 votes
Frog-Man
2% 2 votes
NFL SuperPro
0% 0 votes
Stilt-Man
1% 1 vote
Dazzler
25% 18 votes
Puck
1% 1 vote
Other (describe below!)
17% 12 votes

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead...because a new Deadpool PVE based on the movie could be absolutely hilarious.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lockjaw; Negasonic would be cool, but I think she's property of Sony, like the rest of the mutants (sigh!).
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Lockjaw; Negasonic would be cool, but I think she's property of Sony, like the rest of the mutants (sigh!).
    I think you mean Fox, Sony licences Spider-Man. But they don't 'own' the mutants, Marvel does. Fox licensed the rights to exclusively use mutants in television and movies. Marvel can otherwise do whatever they want with their characters. (Deadpool is in MPQ, Marvel could approve Negasonic to be here too.)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I think you mean Fox, Sony licences Spider-Man. But they don't 'own' the mutants, Marvel does. Fox licensed the rights to exclusively use mutants in television and movies. Marvel can otherwise do whatever they want with their characters. (Deadpool is in MPQ, Marvel could approve Negasonic to be here too.)
    While they could add these characters it's unlikely they would make a Negasonic themed after the Deadpool movie.  Though with first picture of Cable from Deapool 2 we can hope they will change their tune on this before Deadpool 2 (again still not likely).

Full-size image link for those who haven't seen them:
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/402625-first-look-at-josh-brolin-as-cable-in-deadpool-2#/slide/1
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    Throg. I just think it would be amusing.
  • Dormammu
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I saw those pics of Cable yesterday, they look great! Love the cybernetics in his neck.

You can't see in the pictures, but hopefully he has huge feet and super-skinny ankles just like Rob drew him.  :p
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I believe the licensing also applies to toys and other "not comics" things to do with mutants and Fantastic Four. Therefore, Demiurge would need to pay Fox for the rights to present them in game. It's likely they have some kind of discount with Marvel (and Disney), or some other reason that gives them incentive to use the Disney licensed characters rather than Fox licensed characters.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Dormammu said:
    I believe the licensing also applies to toys and other "not comics" things to do with mutants and Fantastic Four. Therefore, Demiurge would need to pay Fox for the rights to present them in game. It's likely they have some kind of discount with Marvel (and Disney), or some other reason that gives them incentive to use the Disney licensed characters rather than Fox licensed characters.
    It only applies if the likeness of the toy (or video game character in the case of MPQ) is based on the movie version that Fox owns the licensing rights too. This is why MPQ has all the Marvel movie likenesses (Civil War Cap & Iron Man, Guardians, etc) but no version of Wolverine that looks like Hugh Jackman, or a Mystique that looks like Jennifer Lawrence.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Why would Dazzler or Puck be limited availability? Bother were regular mainstream heroes.

Optimus Prime is probably not an option for MPQ, but would have been a good poll option since Marvel did make Transformers comics for most of the 80s.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Dazzler's sort of an inside joke on these forums.

Puck is just funny.
  • SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    broll said:
    Dormammu said:
    While they could add these characters it's unlikely they would make a Negasonic themed after the Deadpool movie.  Though with first picture of Cable from Deapool 2 we can hope they will change their tune on this before Deadpool 2 (again still not likely).

Full-size image link for those who haven't seen them:
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/402625-first-look-at-josh-brolin-as-cable-in-deadpool-2#/slide/1
    Interestingly enough Marvel actually eventually put the movie version of Negasonic Teenage Warhead into the comics

• Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beavis & Butthead.

Make their powers similar to 5* Dr. Octopus but more ridiculous and totally useless, if anything make the powers even more detrimental with every step. But when a power ultimately does fire off it rewards you with a free Whale\Cosmic Wrath pay-off.
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    ZootSax said:
    Negasonic Teenage Warhead...because a new Deadpool PVE based on the movie could be absolutely hilarious.
    If this actually happens, I would love to help write the dialogue for the event. Deadpool is my favorite Marvel character! :D
    You have more power than you think, @Brigby
    Let someone know about this. (Although, I don't think she should be limited-availability.)
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted Spider-Ham, but if we could do non-Marvel characters I'd nominate Space Ghost (Coast to Coast version)

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:
    ZootSax said:
    If this actually happens, I would love to help write the dialogue for the event. Deadpool is my favorite Marvel character! :D
    You have more power than you think, Brigby
    Let someone know about this. (Although, I don't think she should be limited-availability.)
    @StreetPreacher
    As much as I'd love to, I'm no Demiurge writer. They're the pros, but we'll see. I think I might just stick to writing the occasional FAQ page in the voice of Deadpool: What are Deadpool Points? :p
  • Dormammu
    Options
    As much as I love this game, the talking heads in PvE are not its strength. I'm guessing Brigby can't do any worse.

However, I will say the Deadpool vs MPQ event is one of the tolerable ones. It's clever in spots.
  • Scouseroy
    Scouseroy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The Golden Oldie aka the Astonishing Aunt May or if I have to be a bit sensible Fin Fang Foom

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted other, I'd rather they rework any of the existing ones that need it and put them into the regular token pools rather than adding more characters we cannot regularly collect.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think The Collector would be more appropiate for anniversary and in the theme with what is going on in the MCU right now. 

He could also have a power influenced by special points (like Deadpool) counting the heroes you've played with in a certain amount of time ("collected").