Storylines

Options
Is there any place which lists the events storyline in a chronological order, as far as it makes sense, and where I can read up on the actual story text?

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been wondering about this myself, particularly since they ran a couple in explicitly backwards order a while ago, with a note at the end of one saying it would be continued in the event that had run just before.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Ah, I didn't realize those were in any particular order.

It would be nice to have a somewhat more readable description somewhere, tho. The wiki is a bit dry, to say the least.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Story? Make sense?

Bwah-hah-hah-hah-ha!!!
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Well.. like most stuff about MPQ on the internet, they are made by the players. If someone is keen to do that, I'm sure we'll get it eventually, especially since the time it takes to play Story mode is likely shorter for a lot of players now.
    Yeah, I know.  It's like I've said before, it's mostly just that I miss games having proper manuals and documentation and such.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I know.  It's like I've said before, it's mostly just that I miss games having proper manuals and documentation and such.
    I'm struggling to think of a (complex) game that was actually released with a manual that was complete, typo free, and not still sporting some no-longer-relevant beta test information. Even Blizzard was notorious for this.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    I'm struggling to think of a (complex) game that was actually released with a manual that was complete, typo free, and not still sporting some no-longer-relevant beta test information. Even Blizzard was notorious for this.
    It's been a while, but I remember the manuals for Civ 2, the early Warlords games, and the SSI D&D games being pretty good. The Marathon trilogy was as well, but the storyline there was incomprehensible regardless.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's been a while, but I remember the manuals for Civ 2, the early Warlords games, and the SSI D&D games being pretty good. The Marathon trilogy was as well, but the storyline there was incomprehensible regardless.
    MGS4 had an entire digital compendium with story synopsis and character databases with flowcharts for the character relationships and also the manual for 3 and 4 was neatly presented in comic form