4* DDQ: Moon Knight vs X-23

Options
BlackBoltRocks
BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
lv120 2/4/5 Moon Knight did it first time. Used +2 G/B AP, +2 all AP to help me get enough Green (and Black) AP quicker

Managed to nab most of the black and green matches while also denying purple. Had several match-5s during the match, one of which was green, which help accentuate that. Eventually I had 25 Green (and 25 Black), so two Moonsilver Blades in succession downed Laura

LT got me Xpool's purple to complete him at 5/4/4

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Moon Knight has no black (he's either 0/3/4 or 0/4/3), so he's not getting very far with this one. Every board so far has been saturated with red and purple, and green only drops in for the AI. I'll keep trying, but I think this win is not on the cards.
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Had a very favorable board for my 2/4/5 lv 188 Moon Knight.  Was able to go after green or black every turn until I had enough AP for Fist of Khonshu and Moonsilver blades.  Laura was around 12,400 health so one punch and one blade sling was all I needed to quickly put her down.

LT was Mordo cover which I will most likely sell off

• rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    granne said:
    My Moon Knight has no black (he's either 0/3/4 or 0/4/3), so he's not getting very far with this one. Every board so far has been saturated with red and purple, and green only drops in for the AI. I'll keep trying, but I think this win is not on the cards.
    Last Moon Knight crash, I was at 0/4/5 and lv 188.  Not having Fist of Khonshu was a pain in the ace.  Problem is her savage healing was giving her roughly 700 health back nearly every turn.  So even with having slung a blade at her which did nearly 11000 damage, she was still too hard to put down b/c she healed faster than I could deliver damage.  You will need at least 24 green AP to have a chance.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Got her on the second try with my 2/1/4 Level 152 Moon Knight. Did a +2 G/B, +2 All and +100 percent match damage. In hindsight, I wish I hadn't used the match damage boost, because it really didn't make a difference. She got Holding Back off once, but I saved up for at least two Moonsilver Blades and two Fist of Konshu, although really only needed one of the latter. Finished with about 2400 health. Token to the hoard. 

I'm afraid if you don't have at least four or five covers in green or like five in black, this will be really hard. Even then, you've got to collect both those colors like it's your job, while denying purple (and red to a lesser extent) when you can. Don't fire anything until you can take her down in one turn, if you can help it. Maybe that's one green and a few blacks, or vice versa. But if you can't finish her in one shot, she will heal up over the course of a few turns while you're trying to get more AP to fire another power, especially if she gets a cascade. 
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MK is one of my favorite characters to use. Be glad vaulting is done with if you need to champ him. When boosted, he is awesome. In Balance of Power, I think his green hits for 116k. 
  • Königsmacher
    Königsmacher Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    I did it with my lvl 94 2/2/5 Moon Knight - no boosts. His green hits for 8k despite the low level, so I tried to gather enough to fire it two times. The real problem were his 5k HP.

Often enough I just got the AP to fire it once before X23 would down me, but once isn't enough. In the end I think it took something like ten attempts before I was succesful.

Cover went to the hoard.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Will be watching this thread with interest to see if my 1/2/3 lvl 131 MK has a chance - at that level I think I would need to collect enough green and black to fire both twice in one go, which sounds possible, but unlikely.

Didnt help in my first attempt that the purple random power was the one that added match damage to purple

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I beat her with my 4/3/3 LVL 133 Moon Knight on the second time through.  First time I got her down to 2K health before I ran out of AP.  Second try, I used +2 G/B and +2 All, but no extra match damage as X-23 just heals it right back up.  Luckily, I was able to deny her green throughout the entire match, but she did have a whole bunch of red.  Activate the green twice, activate the black twice, and down she went.  Token is in the hoard.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1/3/2. No chance for me, I think. I've made a couple of attempts but gotten nowhere close. Neither black nor green hit anywhere near hard enough to make a big dent in her, and she just heals it all back fast enough anyway. I figure I'd need at least 4 green to have a shot, and his green isn't in my taco vault. So. Better luck in 5 days, I hope. Who's up next?
  • iron-n-wine
    Options
    According to the MPQ gamependium calendar, its Big Pun, Mr Fantastic and Nova as the next 3 crashes, of which I have zero chance in any.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    1/3/2. No chance for me, I think. I've made a couple of attempts but gotten nowhere close. Neither black nor green hit anywhere near hard enough to make a big dent in her, and she just heals it all back fast enough anyway. I figure I'd need at least 4 green to have a shot, and his green isn't in my taco vault. So. Better luck in 5 days, I hope. Who's up next?
    Should be Mordo before Big Pun, then Blade and Luke Cage before Mr. Fantastic.
  • iron-n-wine
    Options
    ah good - I will have more of a chance with Mordo and Blade!
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was surprised to finish this on my first try with my level 168 2/3/4 Moon Knight. I managed to hog the green, and while she did cast her purple, it never got matched. I got up to 24 green and launched back to back blades, and down she went. My reward was a purple Mordo, FINALLY breaking the curse of my all blue Mordo (now 0/8/1). 
  • DarthDeVo
    edited August 2017
    Options
    granne said:
    If it's the first build and he's fully leveled up, just keep trying. You might get surprised if you get a favorable board and can get 24 green AP before firing back to back. 

I really thought there was no way I was going to win Ghost Rider's Crash (1/3/1 Level 115), but I would just try here and there, not really spending any health packs on it. I ended up with a favorable board and beat him with 186 HP left. 

I would caution you to manage your expectations, although it sounds like you're already doing that. It's not the easiest of fights, and will take an extremely favorable board for you.  
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Took 3 tries with a 5/3/5 level 150 mk. Board kept bring ridiculously favorable for x23 and giving her tons of green and purple cascades. Third time I managed to finish her with about 2k hp left. 
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This was a tough one for my 2/1/2 lvl 111 Moon Knight. Boosted with +2 Green and Black, +5 Green and Black Damage, +5 Critical Damage. 

The second time I managed to get a critical match-5 first round and just tried to deny Savage Healing as much as I could. Held my black back to not trigger enemy Attach Tiles and finished with 2 to finish the match. Otherwise it was a case of getting really lucky with only a few Savage Healing matched for x-23
  • iron-n-wine
    Options
    bob554 said:
    This was a tough one for my 2/1/2 lvl 111 Moon Knight. Boosted with +2 Green and Black, +5 Green and Black Damage, +5 Critical Damage. 

The second time I managed to get a critical match-5 first round and just tried to deny Savage Healing as much as I could. Held my black back to not trigger enemy Attach Tiles and finished with 2 to finish the match. Otherwise it was a case of getting really lucky with only a few Savage Healing matched for x-23

This give me some hope for 1/2/3 MK!
  • iron-n-wine
    Options
    Update: made it with 353 health remaining!

LT was a war machine green for 3/1/0
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Second try with my 127 5/4/4 MK. all color boosts.

Can't remember what LT gave me. A champ level for someone.
  • TheLadder77
    TheLadder77 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    6th try with Lv 131 2/1/3 MK. Used +2 G/B, +2 all and +50% G/B damage. Collected 18 black and 24 green, then fired all powers to take her out. Another crash that required careful planning/insane luck to prevail.