Webbed Wonder. Aunt May.

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
Okay since webbed Wonder is now a permanent pve, I would like to see the new upgrade in the aunt may. Marisa anyone? 

Comments

• Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Yes, her dating fat ock would be awesome!
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Well. For fat ok it is. Besides she gets the semi-cooler looking 3* version. And hey let's not overlook the fact ock is technically dating an older woman to make up for shock deathing his mother.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    I would love it if it was *nope* aunt Marisa. like do any of you remember that story from the Spiderman comics where Peter lets Mephisto erase his marriage to MJ in exchange for the life of ANCIENT BABYLONIAN MUMMY Aunt May who was overdue death for like... several centuries? now if it was sexy aunt Marisa I'd be like "yeah fair trade Peter. I guess not every choice you make is inherently stupid and self-detrimental"

***Removed inappropriate acronym - Ducky
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sexy Aunt May is just wrong. Just plain wrong.

That said, if May and Ock were in college at the same time, either she went late, or he's aged way better than she has.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    I would love it if it was *nope* aunt Marisa. like do any of you remember that story from the Spiderman comics where Peter lets Mephisto erase his marriage to MJ in exchange for the life of ANCIENT BABYLONIAN MUMMY Aunt May who was overdue death for like... several centuries? now if it was sexy aunt Marisa I'd be like "yeah fair trade Peter. I guess not every choice you make is inherently stupid and self-detrimental"
    Literally they could have saved that comic with one change.
    MJ was hospitalised instead of May.

There. Boom. Done.

Well...aside from the "Haha, let's all laugh at how dumb nerds are, right?" section which seemed to completely misunderstand its audience. And the implication that by breaking up the marriage he'd be aborting his daughter, who'd later go on to become a really popular character.

Actually yeah, that entire thing was a mess.
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2017
    I would love it if it was *nope* aunt Marisa. like do any of you remember that story from the Spiderman comics where Peter lets Mephisto erase his marriage to MJ in exchange for the life of ANCIENT BABYLONIAN MUMMY Aunt May who was overdue death for like... several centuries? now if it was sexy aunt Marisa I'd be like "yeah fair trade Peter. I guess not every choice you make is inherently stupid and self-detrimental"
    Literally they could have saved that comic with one change.
    MJ was hospitalised instead of May.

There. Boom. Done.

Well...aside from the "Haha, let's all laugh at how dumb nerds are, right?" section which seemed to completely misunderstand its audience. And the implication that by breaking up the marriage he'd be aborting his daughter, who'd later go on to become a really popular character.

Actually yeah, that entire thing was a mess.
    Joe Quesada somehow thought that if Peepants Peter and MJ got a divorce that would make Peter a bad rolemodel which is why he rather made him make a deal with Marvel's version of S A T A N. It was also extra dumb in that Joe Quesada thought that Peter being married limited the amount of stories you could tell with Spiderman which is complete nonsense and seems like a willing blindness to the fact that Spiderman was on average a terrible comic written by monkeys between the 90s and early 2000s
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards

That said, if May and Ock were in college at the same time, either she went late, or he's aged way better than she has.
    So you think that's his original hair?
  • TPF Alexis
    ^^^An excellent point.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017

They were already going there with Sally fields as aunt may. I don't get why people get so bent out of shape with marisa. It's not crazy for an aun in her late 40s to have taken care of Peter since childhood.
  • TPF Alexis
    It's not unrealistic, but it is a pretty major change in a character I've know for decades. It creates some cognitive dissonance and disturbing imagery.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    It's not unrealistic, but it is a pretty major change in a character I've know for decades. It creates some cognitive dissonance and disturbing imagery.
    I'm guessing those disturbing images are actually be attached to aunt may lol. Honestly, few had a problem with ultimate Aunt may and she was drawn pretty young but with gray hair. If MT had dyed her hair gray for the move, the critics wouldn't have said squat (the majority of them at least).

But yeah, it was a big change, but geez, the comic went nearly 40 years with Aunt may being the same. At one point, every reader had to think to themselves how in the world is she still alive while Peter continues to age.

The weird thing I always thought about the original Aunt may was that she was what, in her late 60s early 70s? So unless Peter ' s father was 20 years tyounger meant that his parents had him in their late 40s, which was pretty rare back in those days.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:

They were already going there with Sally fields as aunt may. I don't get why people get so bent out of shape with marisa. It's not crazy for an aun in her late 40s to have taken care of Peter since childhood.
    Well, Marisa Tomei is actually in her early 50s. Assuming her Aunt May is the same age as the actress in real life, even give or take 10 years, it's perfectly reasonable that she's the right age to be the aunt of 15-year-old Peter Parker.

As already mentioned, in the comics Aunt May has pretty much looked the same age since the character was created. However, Peter has grown much older, from high school age to someone probably in the early 30s, so her appearance makes more sense now. However it's worth noting that May's actual relationship to Peter (being married to Peter's dad's older brother) wasn't established in canon until much later, so I think it's possible that she wasn't originally imagined as such. "Aunt" could be used to call older female relatives that aren't technically your aunt.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Wouldn't happen due to licensing a royalties.  Even with then make the MCU versions of characters they don't look the actor who's playing them.  The could make a generic younger looking May, which I'd be fine with, but I'm also not clamoring for.

I kinda wondered if they went for a younger May in the MCU to go with the Ock tries to marry her (or any villain really) storyline.  Having her be 8000 years old makes that harder unless you have a super old villain.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just wonder what cover they'll use when we get a playable Aunt May. (She's gotta be tougher than Coulson, right?)
  • CosmicWolf
    CosmicWolf Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    If I remember correctly, this questions was asked to the developers in episode 100 of Puzzle Warriors and they said that it wasn't going to happen.