PVE Cheating?

2»

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL,

Well you must be one of those mythical super whales.  In any case,  they are are plenty of people and rosters who spend 2 1/2 - 3 hrs on their std pve grinds.  If your gonna ask 3* rosters to spend 2.5 hrs on a grind, don't be surprised that a 5* roster spends the exact same amount of time overgrinding for points.  
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    A super whale with eight champed 4*s that hasn't ever put more than $20 into the game? Um, ok. 3 hours on a pve grind for a 3* player? Please. When I was a 3* I only did like 2 hours at the most and that was before they got rid of a lot of the Dark Avenger heavy events. Now it's heavy on goons for most events so unless a 3* doesn't have Strange champed then it wouldn't take them too long. Plus your average 3* player probably has at least one 5* so if they play in an scl that is closer to them like 5 or even 6 then it shouldn't take them long at all to finish. Certainly not 3 hours.
  • Phumade
    Why would you assume they have 3* strange champed?  There are plenty of transitioning to 3* rosters with 8 3* champs just like you have 8 4*.  If it took you 2hrs, then I'm positive that it took someone else 2.5hrs unless your claiming to be the slowest player in the game.
  • Stick
    Stick Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Scaling exists tho...?
  • Phumade
    Stick said:
    Scaling exists tho...?
    In web wonder yes.  We are under the old pve rules.  Next event goes to static scaling.
  • shardwick
    2 hours in older events that were heavy on Dark Avengers but most of those events have been killed off. You claimed people are doing 3 hours. What events would take someone 3 hours to beat considering that most events are goon heavy and will now have easier scaling? Maybe The Hulk. Venom Bomb can be a pain but with the easier levels even that won't be overly difficult anymore. Should be easier fights across the board for almost everyone.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    I'm just curious why it's considered cheating versus grinding. It's the player's choice to repeat the node. Everyone has the same opportunity to grind the node. I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't call it cheating. Just crazy. 
  • Phumade
    shardwick said:
    2 hours in older events that were heavy on Dark Avengers but most of those events have been killed off. You claimed people are doing 3 hours. What events would take someone 3 hours to beat considering that most events are goon heavy and will now have easier scaling? Maybe The Hulk. Venom Bomb can be a pain but with the easier levels even that won't be overly difficult anymore. Should be easier fights across the board for almost everyone.
    But this event does not have the easier scaling.  It has the old standard scaled nodes.  

There are plenty of people who play their clears while they watch 3hrs of tv.  Its no surprise to anyone that they take 5 min breaks to chat on the phone, use the bathroom etc...  If people are doing 3hr casual clears, then other people are doing 3hr hardcore clears.

While T10 Competive pve is measured in the 45 - 1hr range/
    t10-t250 is probably 1hr to 2hr,
    T250-T750 is easily 2hr-3hrs.

Its not reasonable to argue 5* rosters grinding 3hrs is unhealthy,  when marginal 2*/3* rosters who ARE eligibile to play in scl8 have to spend the same amount of time to do the standard climb.

• shardwick
    This is one of the easiest events. Even a casual clear shouldn't take anyone three hours to complete. And once the new scaling kicks in it definitely shouldn't unless someone decides to take a long nap in the middle of their grind.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Once the new scaling model kicks in, isn't repetative node grinding going to be much more widespread? Will easier 'Hard' nodes encourage more players to grind in their struggle for placement?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once the new scaling model kicks in, isn't repetative node grinding going to be much more widespread? Will easier 'Hard' nodes encourage more players to grind in their struggle for placement?
    It was mandatory for placement in the
    previous tests, yes. Clear as late as possible, but spam the 4star essential the last 10 minutes
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    I can see d3, in an attempt to shut down the robogrinders, turn it even more into a straight race. Make PVE progression based already!
  • shardwick
    I can see d3, in an attempt to shut down the robogrinders, turn it even more into a straight race. Make PVE progression based already!
    It definitely needs to happen. D3 said that people spending lots of time grinding on 1 pt nodes was unhealthy. Yeah, maybe that was their excuse to cut down on people cheating with bots but you know what? I'm gonna hold their feet to the fire. If they truly care about the health and well being of their players, as they say they do, then I want to see a move to progression based pve. So let's say that a 2* or 3* player takes 2 hours or more to finish their grind and then they need to start up a new set of clears for the next sub. That's probably another 2 hours for them. So right there is four hours straight for many of them of staring at a bright mobile screen just a few inches away from their face. And I would imagine that most, if not all, eye doctors would agree that that's not healthy no matter if you're grinding away in a game or binging on Netflix.

So a progression based pve would take away a lot of the time element, you'd still have the length of the event to finish all nodes, so people could play more in bursts which would be much healthier. Make it happen, D3.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stop asking for progression only PVE. You will lose sub rewards, placement rewards.. a huge hit to income.

Look at Gauntlet, the only progression based PVE. It is BY FAR the very worst event that exists rewards wise. That is the stuff you wish for? Because that kind of progression-only PVE is what you will get. 
  • shardwick
    Daiches said:
    Stop asking for progression only PVE. You will lose sub rewards, placement rewards.. a huge hit to income.

Look at Gauntlet, the only progression based PVE. It is BY FAR the very worst event that exists rewards wise. That is the stuff you wish for? Because that kind of progression-only PVE is what you will get. 
    Not if you implement that stuff into progression. Beat one sub in a certain amount of time and you could earn sub rewards. Beating the last non essential node in one sub unlocks the next sub and so on. Doing all clears in the event unlocks a bonus sub where you can earn even more rewards like iso, cp, hp, heroics, event tokens and 4* covers.