Who thinks mpq should add Yelenda Belova and Spider man (Bag man) in the Cover store

Options
UrieKuki34
UrieKuki34 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
edited August 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion

Who thinks mpq should add Yelenda Belova and Spider man (Bag man) in the Cover store 34 votes

Me I'm tired of getting him the old fashion way
29%
zulux21neodukeHyposphere6234Crowlevade420KGBmonsieurmojoBeer40jameshRoddly 10 votes
Not me I'm fine trying to get him in the tournament
64%
OzarkBoatswainEbolamonkey84IlDuderinoZootSaxDarknes21MoosePrimeStyle55Daredevil217Jaedenkaalkrak0brollMETT-T dependentauramarshallSkadenFrudeePower_StrykeWumpushunterScouseroypandrekSpringSoldier 22 votes
I don't know
5%
robertbahLandale 2 votes

Comments

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bag-Man was the first 2* character I got. What a disappointment he was. Good riddance to him.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Neither of them are worth anything. They're both a joke. They didn't start that way, but that's what they became and the developers rolled with it.

So of course, I maxed my Yelena and champed my Bagman...
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't plan on rostering any of them for now. They're both weak, especially Bagman (even Yelena is better though she's a 1*). However, if they make Bag-Man a regular character, I'd probably keep him for my 2* farm. But the 1* tier doesn't need any dilution, since newbies already lack roster spots.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't plan on rostering any of them for now. They're both weak, especially Bagman (even Yelena is better though she's a 1*). However, if they make Bag-Man a regular character, I'd probably keep him for my 2* farm. But the 1* tier doesn't need any dilution, since newbies already lack roster spots.

Bagman gives out a LT for 144.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love more Bag-Man covers but if he became easily obtainable, that thrill would be gone.  I'm not willing to lose out on the following;

- April Fools Bags to Riches Tournament
    - The feeling of sheer joy I get when I get a **** 2* character only to click on the token and see it's the elusive Bag-Man.
    - My dream of one day max-champing him.

I wouldn't care about any of that if he was just another toon. Great job developers for making a horrible character into a trophy. Super smart.

Yelena doesn't feel very limited as I sell plenty of her each week lol.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If Bag-Man was in tokens, they would probably remove the LT at 144.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No because:
    Bowgentle said:

Bagman gives out a LT for 144.
    and
    If Bag-Man was in tokens, they would probably remove the LT at 144.
    I could care less about Yelenda Belova or any other 1* characters.  IMO all 1* characters should be completely removed from the game at this point...
  • Dormammu
    Options
    1-stars have value! They... they, um... well, that is... hrm.  :#

Seriously though, we seasoned vets tend to forget what it's like to be brand new to MPQ. The 1-stars are a tutorial - simple, easy to use, and an introduction into game mechanics. Their ubiquitous availability through standard tokens is needed; while a standard token is often just 100 ISO to us, to a new player that's rapid advancement. It sets the hook early in the need for more-more-more; more covers, more ISO, more HP... more money for the developers which means more life for the game we all love to play.

1-stars are necessary to the future and life of this game - the gateway drug to the addiction that is all of our shared vice.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Me I'm tired of getting him the old fashion way
    Dormammu said:
    1-stars have value! They... they, um... well, that is... hrm.  :#

Seriously though, we seasoned vets tend to forget what it's like to be brand new to MPQ. The 1-stars are a tutorial - simple, easy to use, and an introduction into game mechanics. Their ubiquitous availability through standard tokens is needed; while a standard token is often just 100 ISO to us, to a new player that's rapid advancement. It sets the hook early in the need for more-more-more; more covers, more ISO, more HP... more money for the developers which means more life for the game we all love to play.

1-stars are necessary to the future and life of this game - the gateway drug to the addiction that is all of our shared vice.
    two stars aren't really any more complicated and could easily completely replace 1*
    completely replace standard tokens with elite
    make it so heroic work at the same odds for 3/4/5 as they currently do for 2/3/4 ect.

1* really don't need to be in the game at all at this point.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    The only way the developers would do what you're suggesting @zulux21 is by removing champ levels from the 2-stars and make heroic tokens a rarity because every tier would become so much more common and unbalance the economy.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't want my next 73 tokens being bagman, no thanks
  • Power_Stryke
    Power_Stryke Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bag-Man was the first 2* character I got. What a disappointment he was. Good riddance to him.
    Here! Here!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here! Here!
    Yeah when I started, he was a prologue reward at the beginning of the Venom chapter, I think. Quite a letdown.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I just finished act 1 of the prologue and all I got was a **** Bagman cover.

That should be a tee-shirt. Or a meme, at the very least.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Great you want more dilution?
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Only problem I have is getting a recording of getting yelena's cover for her skills video.
    its so random I can't be bothered with and just show a picture of her cover instead of a cover opening...

or or should I keep trying? :)

wait if u mean standard tokens I'm ok with that. Add them to the standard tokens.