VIP

Jabrony_Geoff
Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
Don't know if I missed some announcement but when did the price of the VIP pack go up?
It used to be £7.99 now it's £9.49.
I was contemplating purchasing one but there doesn't seem to be an improvement in the content.
It's exactly the same as before. 
Is this as intended or a monumental mistake.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Odds are it's a regional or platform thing. As in, something outside of the Dev's hands, and neither intended nor a mistake. Just a thing that happens.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    It went up 10% like any other purchase in the U.K. and Europe 2 months ago.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    I'm sure I remember renewing it for £7.99 4 weeks ago...
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    I'm sure I remember renewing it for £7.99 4 weeks ago...
    I would point you to the thread I started about this tinykitty unnnaounced change, but this forum is really bad to use, especially on mobile 
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Someone in the alliance reporting the cost of his VIP has reduced in price from $14.99 to $12.99.

• talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    I pay 109 SEK (swedish currency). If i put that in EUR its 11.36. In GBP its 10.26 and in USD its 13.38...
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I renewed today and noticed the price change. I assumed it was post-Brexit currency awfulness trickling down at last. Ugh.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    granne said:
    I renewed today and noticed the price change. I assumed it was post-Brexit currency awfulness trickling down at last. Ugh.
    Meanwhile I renewed today and it's still £7.99

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/861730156887811243/58D2E4489F2CDD59E50C3A88344FD26904F3580A/

• granne
    Hmm. I get the more HP for the same price deal. How about you? More testing, but the other way?
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    It increased for me as well. But the HP is still at a better deal. I think with all the VIP spendings around here, the devs decided they could make more money out of it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @Jabrony Geoff. Are you on an Android device? If so, you might be seeing the matching of Android prices to the prices Apple has set for iOS.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    edited August 2017
    The difference in pricing around the world is eye opening.
    However with that said an increase in price should show an increase in content.
    So in the words of Boris Johnson, you can take your VIP and go whistle.
  • granne
    Brigby said:
    Hi @Jabrony Geoff. Are you on an Android device? If so, you might be seeing the matching of Android prices to the prices Apple has set for iOS.
    Signalling the first time Steam users have got the better deal?
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    The difference in pricing around the world is eye opening.
    However with that said an increase in price should show an increase in content.
    So in the words of Boris Johnson, you can take your VIP and go whistle.
    So if and when currency fluctuation goes in someone's favor, they will expect a reduction in content? 

Seriously these price fluctuations are beyond the devs' (and pubs') control. For those, blame platforms, blame politicians, blame voters.

The devs and pubs screw up plenty, plenty of chances to blame them for things they actually have a hand in.

And FWIW, 7.99 + 10% = 8.79, not 9:49. 9.49 would represent a 19% increase.  ;)
    Talking out your hat on this one I'm afraid aesthetocyst. They do have control because today the price has dramatically gone back to £7.99