shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
This is a bad thing.

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hey Shteev, sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Though, this issue sounds to be more of an issue with the app priority on your device rather than with the game itself. Please keep in mind that when you switch between the application on your device, or leave an application in sleep mode (including answering a phone call), the priority of your device is divided among all open programs. 

This divide of priority on your device might cause the game to shut down due to the enhanced required usage rate during matches. If your device is unable to handle having multiple tasks open at the same time, I'd recommend to avoid putting the application into the background settings during the middle of a match. 

Hope this helps!
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah but it's not just him. This had happened to me since I started playing on my first device and continues to happen now on my new device. Maybe it is a priority problem. I don't know, but it is a problem.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Previous versions of the game remained in memory in sleep mode for hours even a whole day, without problems.

Since the 3 latest updates, the game used more memory and with just one browser and some tabs (of this forum of course) opened (not too much) the game closes.

I use to play in a S7 edge and  Samsung Tab Pro, so no problem in memory availabity.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    when I get phone calls mid battle, I can take the call
    (usually quick) and then continue from where I left
    off. I've only got a simple phone(android 4.2). I've
    had the game reset when I've accidentally hit the
    home button before.

HH
  • shteev
    Options
    Tombstone said:
    Hey Shteev, sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Though, this issue sounds to be more of an issue with the app priority on your device rather than with the game itself. Please keep in mind that when you switch between the application on your device, or leave an application in sleep mode (including answering a phone call), the priority of your device is divided among all open programs. 

This divide of priority on your device might cause the game to shut down due to the enhanced required usage rate during matches. If your device is unable to handle having multiple tasks open at the same time, I'd recommend to avoid putting the application into the background settings during the middle of a match. 

Hope this helps!
    You're saying... it's my fault that your app can't run in the background.

It also happens when MTGPQ is showing a menu. Does that require an enhanced usage rate as well?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi @shteev. I personally have seen this kind of occurrence happen with multiple other applications left in the background during a phone call, so I don't think this incident is specific to MtGPQ. My Android device isn't exactly ancient either; only 2 years old.

When you say that the app resets when you open a menu, would you mind explaining which menu you were opening, and what actions you were taking in that menu when it reset? Thanks
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I sometimes get minimize to desktop when I'm
    editing decks. (then it resets)

HH
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I remember many many months ago, probably a year before KLD id be able to start a match....press my screen off button...come back hours later and the app would be sat there where i left it. now if u do this the app closes.
  • shteev
    Options
    I remember a brief period around SOI where my phone wouldn't reset over phonecall, or even a screen timeout... the rest of the time, back to 2015, it's always reset.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't understand why the app can't run in the background. I have other apps on my phone that are just as large as MTGPQ and they will not shut down because I answer a call or check a text. In fact these apps will run in the background until I stop them. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Things are handled a bit differently on iOS and Android, I only know iOS properly, but it's related to the memory on the phone and the size of the app.
    I can swap out of the app to look at an SMS and get back in ok, but if I open my camera roll to attach a photo to the SMS _then_ it uses too much memory and the app restarts when I go back in.
    I've learnt which things I can do and which things I can't.

It's not the apps fault, it's the operating system and the amount of memory you have.

Doing it for just a phone call would be a huge pain, I sympathise.